• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Entering text alters image if mouse cursor is left over tool area.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is a bug or is the way it is designed so I'm going with the latter. I am editing a lot of scanned family photos and so enter a lot of titles, descriptions, captions and keywords for my photos. After I select a text field, let's say "Title", by left-clicking in the text field, I take my hand off the mouse and begin typing. I have found that if I have left my mouse cursor over one of the Tools on the right side of the screen, the tool that the cursor was on will become active. When that happens the text cursor is removed from the text box and whatever keyboard shortcuts get invoked by the text I am typing begin modifying or deleting the image I am working on. I try to swipe my mouse to the left after selecting a text field but all too often I forget and my mouse has found its way to the right side of the screen. I wish the cursor behavior for the tools would change to not take the cursor from a text field until a tool is clicked on. I see that is is good to have the cursor activate the tool's information when the mouse cursor is hovering over the tool but let the text field remain active if selected.

I am using Lightroom version 4.2 (this feature has worked this way for at least the past year) on a Windows 10 Home version 20H2, 64 bit.

Thank you so much for your time. You folks who answer the questions, Rikk, Victoria, John, Johan and the rest of you are doing a fantastic job! Thanks for working so hard to make your products better and to help your users.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also see what you are seeing and agree it feels like a bug. I am going to log it with the team. Thanks for your report.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate