• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Manage/Delete Camera Profiles

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! I recently added a custom camera profile to test out some settings in Lightroom CC. But now I want to delete that profile, is there a way to do so?

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Updating Status

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've verified with the team that the functionality you are asking for is not in the product at this time. I am changing this to a feature request.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some camera profiles in Lightroom can't be deleted, no right-click option appears. These include all built-in profiles and all .dcp profiles imported from the ColorChecker Camera Calibration app. In Lightroom Classic one could just delete the profiles from the hard drive, but the cloud version seems to only store the profiles in the cloud, leaving them inaccessible.

This leads to serious clutter when using many profiles, especially because it is impossible to group or rename profiles and, if two have the same name, they will be selected at the same time.

This was tested with the latest versions of Lightroom, Camera Calibration, and macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually now I have 2 instances of the same profile in Lightroom Mobile for iPad. If I select one of them, both are highlighted. If I mark one of them as favourite, both are marked as favourites. With no option to remove this profile neither in mobile nor in desktop. Idiotic behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the solution:

So the main problem is that some profiles (probably based on who they are created or some information cintained withing them) are not placed into the custom profiles section in Lightroom after import. makin it impossible to delete them.

Custom profiles are placed (on macOS) in the Library under Applicatioc Access. But those camera matching profiles are handled by Lightroom like system profies so you cant find them in this folder and Lighroom doesnt offer a delet button in the context menu.

So where are those then? You can find them in the Lightroom "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" file which is probably per default placed in the images folder on your system. Richt click on it and choose to show the package content. In one of those folders (usually one with a meaningless long number) you should find a folder "cr_cameraprofiles". This one contains your "camera matching" profiles. Of course there are also other folder for other profiles categories.

I for example had some profiles in Lightroom listed in "camera matching" and one in "profiles". Both where listed in this folder and once deleted, where finally gonde from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Status

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR Mobile, I can manage presets, but not profiles. I would like the ability to delete or hide certain profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently able to import custom dcp profiles to Lightroom CC, but they won't import to Lightroom Ipad.

I would like to ask for this feature implemented. Any other profile can be imported to Ipad, so why not this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no method or feature that allows users to delete/remove custom camera Profiles (imported from either DCP or XMP files) in both Lightroom Mobile and Lightroom Web: 

• Lightroom Mobile for Android: v8.1.1
  • Lightroom Web: newest version 1/20/23
  • Android Version Number: 9 & 11 (likely others)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Lightroom Mobile.
  2. Select any image and enter "Edit" mode.
  3. Select "Profiles" on the bottom toolbar.
  4. Tap the 3 dots ⋮ icon in the profile selection bar.
  5.  Select "Import Profiles" from the pop-up menu.
  6. Select any DCP or XMP type profile from the phone storage.
  7. Now that it has been imported, there is no way to remove the profile from Lightroom.

Expected result: there should be a protocol for removing profiles imported from DCP and XMP files in the Lightroom Mobile app. There should also be better management tools for imported profiles such as the ability to rename them and move them between categories. This functionality could be added to the "Manage Profiles" workflow selectable after step 4 above.
Actual result: no tools, options, or ability to remove custom profiles after they've been imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate