• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add red eye removal

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised there is no red eye removal (that I can find) in the new Lightroom CC. Am I just missing something?

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented for the Lightroom Ecosystem Desktop Application (Mac and Windows). We will leave this thread active for those using the Mobile and Web versions of the product. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback.  We do intend to implement a red-eye removal feature in Lightroom at some point in the future.  We do not yet have a specific release date planned.

Thanks,
Ben

11/11/2020
Ben has added additional comments in this post below: 
Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
195 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2019 Sep 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I can't believe adobe have not even bothered to respond to these requests? They are pretty quick at reaching out for a payment!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add red eye removal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again I cannot believe that adobe don’t even respect nits users and customers to respond to the irritation that their web product is inferior in many ways (cant do slideshows either. Ffs!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is beyond a joke. I am amending photos on my iphone because this software package is so useless that THE MOST BASIC ENHANCEMENT TOOL IN THE WORLD - RED EYE REDUCTION is not available despite two years of complaints from users. Foolishly, i signed up and uploaded 40,000 images. I have asked for a formal response as to why this feature is not available and if it is being worked on and if it will ever be a feature. My request was refused! It is an entirely reasonable request and i would appreciate other users also making this request to see if we can wake adobe out of its complacency. They should not be marketing this product as being just like Lightroom but on the cloud and with 1TB of storage. They should admit it is a stripped down basic product..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martyn, I would use the radial selection and reduce the saturation to remove the red color. I guess you know that already, because you are a pro user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but i find that solution only works ok sometimes ,  it is clunky and not able to use it on a mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way to get attention with an unresponsive vendor is to post this and get the attention of online photography vlogs and Youtubers. Public embarrassment and PR failure seems to be the only thing big companies pay attention to any more.

Sad, but top executives are paid bonus for their “social media” awareness and performance while regular customer feedback is ignored. Big companies have big politics - it is still a “follow the money” culture with bonus and stock options for performance the widely sought payoff by execs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone from adobe is checking these pages, please respond to the red-eye question

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'est inaxeptabke de la part d'Adobe ! Même pas la politesse de répondre ou de justifier ce choix politique ! Il suffit de quelques lignes de code qui sont déjà bien rodées. Inadmiscible !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain why there is no red eye removal in Lightroom CC? Even Apple’s photos app has a red eye removal feature. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys
Ive been trying for weeks to get someone to answer a simple question. Why is red eye STILL not available on Lightroom CC? If you are working on it, just tell us, if not, just tell us why not. Its super frustrating that no one has responded to multiple questions on this.
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martyn, it sounds like you desperately need this red eye removal tool. What are you doing to get so many red eye pictures?
Is this the only missing functionality in LR Mobile? There are still a lot of missing features, even it has improved a lot in the last year. I keep my fingers crossed that Adobe is reacting soon and give you an answer.
Good luck !
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peter. It’s not that. It’s just that I think it was bad that they oversold their editing functionality to new users and “suckered me in”, but way worse than that it’s incredibly rude the way that they have ignored many requests for this functionality. And yet don’t feel it’s necessary to respond. If Apple , google pics, photoshop elements and lightroom desktop all do this (let alone competing products) why is it beneath adobe engineers and customer service teams to respond to simple direct questions from customers?
That’s my beef! I run a small internet business with 250k customers pa. we answer every query. Adobe answer what they feel like answering. It’s not a resource problem. Their team are on the case quickly. They are just ducking their responsibility to respond to their users. And I really don’t get why I should accept that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was working in internal IT support for many years and our team had the rule to answer within an hour and deliver a fix in 24 hours if had the ability to do it.
Let me continue to cross my fingers for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback.  We do intend to implement a red-eye removal feature in Lightroom at some point in the future.  We do not yet have a specific release date planned.

Thanks,
Ben

11/11/2020
Ben has added additional comments in this post below: 
Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps anyone still looking for this 2+ years later.. This tip works.. but it is hard to pull off on a computer... very easy on a tablet though.. it gives you a circle.. you make it the size of the redeye exactly.. then... pull all the color saturation out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin. Red eye reduction is a basic feature. The fact that ANY Adobe editing system doesn't have it is STUPID. I'm sure this isn't your decision, but please make sure that Adobe GETS a "specific release date planned." May I inform Adobe that I "intend" to pay them, but that I "do not have a specific payment date planned"? No--I may not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny that in an interview during the Adobe Max / Photoshop launch with the press, Adobe's Scott Belsky (I think?) the chief product officer, after explaining why Photoshop for the iPad is missing so many features, said when asked about Lightroom versus Lightroom CC that at this point Lightroom CC has all the same features are classic Lightroom.
Nice of him to ignore details like this. I guess at the corporate stratosphere level, they are being told by underlings that "feature parity has been achieved" without challenging the details.
I wish I had the link to the article, sorry but I didn't save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, it’s just not good enough to be so vague , can we at least have a target release date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Target release date : LR Mobile, Ipad LR, LR Desktop, LR Web

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most basic editing tool is missing from CC. Can anyone share what has worked as a workaround??
I hope Adobe will add this ASAP. 
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to Lightroom CC.  I can't find the tool to remove red eye.  Does anyone know how to remove red eye using Lightroom CC not Classic CC - all info on the web is for Classic CC which I do not use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the functions in Lightroom mobile over Photos iOS with one exception. Photos for iOS features red-eye removal but the Lightroom app does not. Interestingly enough, Photoshop Express for iOS features a red-eye removal option. I'd like red-eye removal and a basic heal function added to Lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, it is hard to believe that such a basic, common feature is such a challenge to deliver. Why is this so difficult for Adobe? Feels like no one is listening to a simple feature request from customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add feature to remove red eye to Lightroom CC. This should never have been dropped when software was made from classic to cloud-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate