• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add red eye removal

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised there is no red eye removal (that I can find) in the new Lightroom CC. Am I just missing something?

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented for the Lightroom Ecosystem Desktop Application (Mac and Windows). We will leave this thread active for those using the Mobile and Web versions of the product. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback.  We do intend to implement a red-eye removal feature in Lightroom at some point in the future.  We do not yet have a specific release date planned.

Thanks,
Ben

11/11/2020
Ben has added additional comments in this post below: 
Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
195 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that included Photoshop as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Dave, the $9.99 monthly Photography plan with 20 gigs includes Photoshop. The 1TB plan at the same price doesn't. 
I can't fathom why anyone would consider the latter plan. 
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have the Color and Luminance range mask in LR (Mobile and Desktop) and not this red eye removal tool if someone is asking me. I cannot remember a picture I had to remove red eyes except recently when a friend was silly enough to use a flash direct on his camera. Sorry to say this clearly. I own Photoshop Elements 2020 in addition to LR and the red eye removal tool there is really terrible. I do not want to see black eyes instead of red eyes. The only good solution was to select it and correct it manually for a lot of pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! There is so much more that Photoshop can do that Lightroom either does not do well or doesn't do at all.

I guess that I chose the right one! I only use Photoshop and not Lightroom at all... I store everything on my PC, and I use Carbonite for remote backup of my data files, plus DropBox for some with whom I share, and I have website birdsbydave.com for approx 5,000 followers since it went live April 30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, several years ago I have started with the Photography plan with LrC and PS with 20GB Cloud, then I added the 1TB. Last year I have found that the Sync from LrC to LR (Mobile) is really a pain. To have it more convenient I have migrated from LrC to LR and pay half price now.
Yes, there are functions I am missing, like Color and Luminance range mask, but I hope that Adobe will implement it soon. The local Hue tool implementation is a good sign for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom versus Photoshop is not an either/or choice.
Lots of apps have overlapping features.  It is a matter of workflow, convenience, and whether you need all the advanced dials and settings at that moment.
In comparison, I also use Premiere Pro which can do audio editing and special effects, but when I need to do heavy audio work, I'll round trip the file to Adobe Audition, and I think everyone knows that Adobe Aftereffects is much more powerful than the Premiere Pro effects.
But it is very reasonable to have some tools in both places.  Having no red eye in Lightroom is an abomination and even Adobe agrees - they promised to do it, just haven't delivered on that promise.
If they want to do more advanced controls like Peter is suggesting, that would be great, but after waiting multiple years for a simple thing, that is why I think most of us have given up asking and just want a basic red eye removal - anything more would be appreciated but unexpected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Having no red eye in Lightroom is an abomination and even Adobe agrees<<

Again, what is this about no ”red eye” in LR???

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cla...

”Using the Red Eye Correction tool in Adobe Lightroom Classic is a quick and easy way to correct red eye in your photos. Working in much the same way as red eye correction, pet eye correction in Lightroom Classic helps you cure unnatural pet eye colors captured in photos.”
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need red eye correction as well as Global Spiral and others in overlay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom - BOTH of them - not having something so basic that every free phone app includes it like red eye removal is typical of adobe.  An absolutely horrible company that doesn't have the slightest concept that actual human beings use their products.  They have always acted as though their revenue stream fell from the sky because of how wonderful they are.  God I hate adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its already there !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looked - can't find it anywhere and LR search doesn't return a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in Classic. There isn't a dedicated tool in the cloud-based version yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed, this is a complaint regarding cloud, which generates ARR but is not functionally the same product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see it.  Thanks.  Since they're pivoting to LrCC and push it for everything now, they obviously need to include it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no red eye removal tool in Lightroom version 4. I have to use lightrrom classic on my other laptop.

Surely this is a basic function which could be added to lightroom & lightroom mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@benjamin_warde That is totally pathetic.  There must be a business reason (hoping to get folks to subscribe to Photoshop?) that explains the intransigence to adding such a basic tool.  Time to come clean and actually make customers the priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Brandt Sakakeeny

Your comment is rather pathetic too. Instead of stamping your feet and screaming like a 3 year old, why don't you just turn off the on board flash on your camera or learn more about how to edit photos? Real photogs don't use flash that can cause red eye...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real photogs don't use flash that can cause red eye...

Indeed, if red eye in lots of shots are your problem, your problem is needing to learn basic photography. But one can remove a great deal of red eye anyway, using spot correction on the eye with negative saturation etc. I'd provide an example but don't capture images with red eye, but one can see the effect using such a correction on something red. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is fixing scanned photos that were taken in 1990s, not natively taken photos today.  And the reality is I've got a hundred other hobbies that take precedence over this; I need an easy fix and Aperture was an easy fix, and I'm still mad about being forced to transfer to a far inferior platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't judge people who use Iphones etc not "real" kit.

I've had iPhone's for years, just got the 12Pro. I know how to turn OFF the flash, do you? 

I provided a way to remove red eye in LR. Better yet, keep this in mind: GIGO:Garbage In Garbage Out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: my point to DGrainger, this is not about taking pictures today; it's about an easy fix for scanned photos from the 1990s that do have red-eye. That said, I don't disagree with Martyn's point (which I am paraphrasing) that effective software solves problems quickly and easily.  Many of us have lives far too busy for a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provided an easy fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also suggest that the poster should learn how to use Photoshop, which DOES have redeye removal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@benjamin_warde  Hi ben

This has been requested for 3 years. It was marked as being under consideration. 14 months ago ago you said it would be done at some point in the future? Implying some reasonable point in the future. I don't understand why you have not updated the community? Is this function coming or not? While I accept the advice of my learned community members that flashes can be switched off, my kids often don't and then are sooo disappointed. Or is this just some crazy way to get us all to buy photoshop as well??

Please respond

Thanks

Martyn 

Votes

Translate

Translate