• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Share folders

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC I can only share albums. I like this option, but I need it also for folders. At the moment I export all photos for my clients to Dropbox. They have permission to see specific folder with the folders (albums) for events inside.

For example:

Client 1
- Event 1
- Event 2
- Event 3

Client 2
- Event 4
- Event 5

Client 3
- Event 1
- Event 4

When I have the option to share folders in Lightroom I can cancel my activity in Dropbox, because in Lightroom CC I can change something on the photos an my clients will see this change without extra export. For this it would be also necessary to have one photo in more than one album.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
55 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to share a more complex system of folders and subfolders seems like a no brainer, not quite sure why this function hasn't been added yet. This kind of thing makes me need to look outside of the adobe suite for solutions that I shouldn't really have to be exploring for something so simple and logical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes !! And the possibility to export a complete Folder with Albums !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By adding a feature to share a whole folder with someone would save a lot of time.

Guess you guys need to change a lot since I guess the folder structure isn't really a part of the shared cloud right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree, sharing Folders is very important!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create the option to share a folder in Lightroom not just albums.

I was misinformed by our Adobe sales agent that we could share a folder in Lightroom CC with others (thus we agreed to an annual contract). I have since been informed that we can only share albums. We have albums created by month by location/project so I have 12-15+ albums in a given year and have them organized in a folder by year. I wanted to share the master folder (containing all of the yearly subfolders) so our graphic designer (outside consultant not an internal employee) can access our photos for newsletters, historical references, etc. The option to share a combined album doesn't help keep things organized as she views the photos-mixing them up with multiple/different projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea. The forum does not automatically apply a "vote" to your post so don't forget to click the green arrow in the upper left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over three years now. In the meantime photographers have been using Flickr, SmugMug, 500px, ZenFolio, and whatnot. Sharing single galleries/albums makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been stated repeatedly that this is necessary (and I absolutely agree), and it's been stated repeatedly by adobe that they do not intend to acknowledge anything until something gets released - and by the looks of it, it will not happen. I wonder if there is some ulterior business decision behind it? The whole sharing/contributing functionality seems incredibly half baked and more like an afterthought to be able to claim that these "modern features" are available. I've migrated to Lightroom CC in the hopes of easing the pains of managing and sharing my collection, but at this point I have no clue how I'm realistically supposed to share family pictures with the family. Force them them to remember links to nearly a 100 albums? Put everything in one album? Oh, and convince everyone to create an adobe ID if I want to ask them to upload pictures too? 

Maybe I'll win the lottery tomorrow. Seems similarly likely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is absolutely necessary, and has been totally ignored for over 3 years despite unanimous and voluminous demand for it.

There is another thread that clearly demonstrates how Adobe throttles down cloud sync upload speeds way below whatever your maximum upload speed is from your Internet connection.  When you read between the lines, it's clear that Adobe is refusing to dedicate sufficient server infrastructure to accommodate reasonable demand from paying customers -- it's all about profit margins going higher, ironically during a period of record profitability in the billions of dollars.

This issue is almost definitely doomed for the same reason.  If Adobe allows sharing of several albums at once via folder sharing, it consumes more server resources.  Adobe is refusing to invest any further because their engineers are being controlled by their accounting department (and investors).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its October 2021, where is this feature? ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Lord, this has to happen. Managing all these separate albums is a nightmare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years later and thus is still not possible? Is this ever gonna be possible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I work as a biologist and am using LrCto creat a catalog of identified individual animals. The goal is that this catalog can be shared with others so that we can work collaboratively on the Photo-ID catalog. Since there are hundreds of photos, I have it organized in folders, subfolders and albums. It would be helpful if I could share folders and not just albums with my colleagues over the cloud. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional user of image database systems for sharing and collaborating on work in the design industry and a long term (40 year) user of Adobe products. I only started looking at Lightroom (as its buddled into CC) in the last year and I thought in retiremenrt its the way to go for all personal imagery. However, without being able to share 'Folders' or a 'Collection' of 'Albums' under one link makes Lightroom seem what it is against better systems... more Lightweight and not fit for anyone who needs and wants to share more than one event with another person or group.

For pity sake Adobe, get this sorted immediatly or its game over for Lightroom before I've even begun... I cant belive so many users have persisted for so long without this basic function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be noted, there are three built in ways to share albums in Lr. The first two via connections:

Adobe Portfollio

SmugMug

The third is the share/invite albums. Although I would like this feature, I do have higher wish items....

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not "share albums" topic, but "share folders".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing the point. SmugMug and Portfolio allow for the concept of multiple albums. e.g. share a folder which has multiple albums in it.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was missing something when trying to share my newly created folders with my team. Reading through this string, it looks like this has been an issue with Lightroom CC for a very long time. Why, Adobe? Seems like this should be a very basic operation for sharing—this is really an Achilles' heel for this system. We were considering moving all of our images from Google Photos over to LR, but will definitely rethink that direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what you are doing. What is your use case?

From there we might be able to determine an existing work around solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My use case is sharing photo folders and everything that is contained within them. As it is now, I need to add albums into the Gallery in order to share them with my team. That means I lose all the folders they're organized in. I have all of my albums organized into folders, but cannot share the main folder. So if I have a main folder named MAIN FOLDER, and it has subfolders with albums in each subfolder, how do I easily share the entire folder named MAIN FOLDER? A "work-around" shouldn't be needed. There should be an easy option, but looking at this string it seems like everyone is having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an insanely basic and easy thing to implement that we have needed for years. Why have they not updated this? Incredibly difficult to deliver sorted photos to anybody in app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with this, I think Sharing needs a bit of love by the team. As I have mentioned, even Adobe Revel, Lightroom Cloud's forerunner had this ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has Adobe not included this feature yet?! It's essential.

Votes

Translate

Translate