• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop: Sync local folders (watched folder)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I wish Lightroom CC had the ability to "watch" local folders on my computer where my files would be uploaded to from devices and automatically import them into my lightroom catalogue.I understand this is a 1.0 release and I hope this sort of feature can be included in the future as it is in Lightroom Classic.
Currently for example, my main cloud storage for my PC, phone and tablet is OneDrive. Any photo I take on my phone or tablet is automatically uploaded there, and my DSLR photos are automatically imported into the OneDrive camera roll as well. It's just super convenient that any photo I take is automatically imported into my Lightroom for sorting and organising at a later date no matter what device I capture the photos on.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Lightroom app on your phone and tablet yet? It can already grab any photos you take with other apps and automatically add them to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would that help with anyone taking tethered pictures on a DSLx?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We current workflow is to use Lightroom as an import application, because Lightroom "classic" lacks the ability to sync full-quality images to the CC cloud - and I want to be able to work with my images on both machines where I have CC installed and to be confident that they're backed up.

Beyond this, I then use classic almost exclusively for working with the images.

Given this primary role of unclassic Lightroom as an import tool, it's incredibly frustrating that it lacks the ability to handle tethered shooting to a watched folder - which is one of my primary import scenarios.

Could this be added please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the ability to setup a watched folder. When images are moved into the folder LR CC on the MAC will automatically transfer the images to the cloud.  I can move images from my camera to my MAC via wifi but then have to go through multiple clicks to upload into LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic I can make a 'watched' folder for automatic import. I want to be able to do that in Lightroom CC so the raw foto's will be uploaded and syncronised to my phone as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me such an essential function for a photo cataloging program that it would not be necessary to put it to a vote ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*bernisim There's lots of very valid feature requests, voting helps with prioritisation of which to do first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With all the Sony Camera's supporting FTP, why isn't everyone screaming for this feature?  If you could get direct from your DSLR into Lightroom, it would make Lightroom CC 100X more valuable...  I'm willing to undergo the pain of seeting up an FTP to make it happen, but am disappointed and frustrated as to why Lightroom CC doesn't support this?   Is everyone else not just used to and happy with their phone photo's being auto-synced ito the cloud...  It's something I've just got used to, and quite frankly, makes me use my iphone over my Sony DSLR quite a lot...... 

Votes

Translate

Translate