• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to create a Custom Crop Ratio preset

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the "Enter Custom..." option from the old Lightroom and how do we get it back (see attachments)? I like to make my photos 1080x1080 for Instagram and was able to do this in the LR Classic version.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Custom Crop Ratios were implemented for the Lightroom Desktop app effective with version 4.3 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 171 Replies 171
171 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping the flame alive! Leaving out this feature is ridiculous! <mad-face>

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with all of this cloud stuff, we should be able to define a list of custom aspect ratios and have them available across all instances of lightroom; whether it be at home in front of the PC, on my phone or ipad. or even browser based from a different computer. Its a bit ridiculous that this hasnt been fixed at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great idea, Brandon! This should totally already be a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in a smart app, this list of these custom aspect ratios should be configurable in the preference panel to let the user decides what ratios should appear in the UI (as LR already propose for color profiles).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds good on the surface, but who are you making this for? Many need it for social media workflows and the new collaboration link sharing is useful for handoffs. Print Standards are fine but social media post and ad aspects are missing and we can't add them manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an absurd oversight on the part of Adobe! This is so frustrating and may prove to be too much of a problem for me in my print work flow to continue using CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a good question though. Why did the LRCC team remove this particular feature when they moved from LR Classic? Do they want to urge us using more mainstream ratios?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6x7 is an absolutely classic aspect ratio in photography used by many professional cameras.
Not for Adobe though.
Please bring back the custom ratio, or at least add the 6x7 option.
Your paying customers will thank you it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never even used lightroom classic but as an amateur photographer I'm finding there are a heap of features missing in Lightroom CC, It's really frustrating. Why are basic features not added? Who decides the reason the features aren't worthy enough to give your customers who have been begging for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User votes I guess, but not necessary. That's why we'll probably get Adobe Sensei AI to auto tag pets rather than basic editing features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's already here 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to crop a extra wide wall paper out of a photo. The widest option is 16:9 while I need 18:9 and 21:9. I know there is a custom option, but it is really hard to determine whether your custom crop is really 21:9 or 18:9, you kind of just have to guess. Is there a way to enter those specific crop dimension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to this thread—this seems like a necessary UX feature to reduce the clunkiness juggling between Adobe products for a simple crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just going to pile on here because this is absolutely ridiculous. They have two separate lightroom products to do similar things, but they removed one of the most basic and important features to every user. I spent the entire day editing in CC only to come to find that I cant set a custom crop ratio for instagram. The custom crop they have here is a joke, no measurements, no rulers, you might as well just be guessing the size at that point. Useless. Now I have to install classic so i can crop to the correct ratio, or go to photoshop. I thought lightroom was created to get classic photo editing features OUT OF photoshop, and more accessible to everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - i need custom crops...i use 3:1 and 2:1 a lot....as it is its like guessing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it ́s an old problem, and it ́s stranges, that Adobe never reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent ages trying to work out how to crop 1:2 - now realise I can't.  Absolutely gutted ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They definitely need to add this feature. Absurd that Ligthroom CC is so watered down and also they only way to smoothly work between a mobile and desktop workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11x14 is a standard ordering size and I have to recreate that as a custom size EVERY SINGLE TIME, please allow a permanent save!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in here as a new CC user.  This seems like an extremely simple addition to the software to make it more user friendly across a wider range of photographer's styles.  

Hello?!?!  Adobe can you hear us?  Please add user inputted aspect ratios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, 
Please add this feature, I've just gone to crop some medium format style photos, and I can't crop to 6x7... It's such a basic feature! I can't believe that has skipped 2 years worth of sprints and backlog refinements... feels kinda like you're avoiding putting this feature in to force people to use LR Classic.
Please listen to your users! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very basic and useful function that's necessary for printing photos. Please reintroduce it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of adding missing editing features, they still focus on tutorial-based bullsh@t in several recent updates. 
As I was hyped at the beginning when every update brought something new, now I am confused by where this is going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another disappointed user here... Adobe pushing the cloud Lightroom (which is a great idea, been using it since some time for seamless workflow on 2 Macs and an iPad), but not providing this essential and SO EASY TO IMPLEMENT feature 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm re-installing Classic so I can crop a photo to 11x17.  Yikes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate