• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Color Labels

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added thousands of photos (other than those in Synced Catalogs) and now I cannot differentiate them other than by the standard filters provided because I have used color labels to identify certain criteria. Color labels are just as important as Flags, Please add them!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 146 Replies 146
146 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any plans to add color labels to Lightroom CC mobile? I use color labels in Lightroom Classic on my desktop system. When I move over to mobile, I can't see any of my color labels. When organizing photos on mobile, I am not able to use my typical workflow because of the lack of color labels. It would be great to be able to view sync color labels and apply labels when using Lightroom CC when I'm on the go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but sometimes you need more than one metric to filter and sort by. I'll admit I don't use colour labels all the time but when I need them I REALLY need them and its really saved my bacon a number of times particularly when I'm working as an onsite editor for multiple photographers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted, and agree, we should have color labels in Lightroom CC, I use them for final images. Also personalized watermarking ... why can't we watermark our images with a graphic that is saved in Adobe Creative Cloud. This really limits us to exporting and sharing our images with our regular signatures while working remotely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree with you in both points!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please bring back color label sorting in lightroom cc/mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Would it be possible to add the functionality of color labels synchronized with Lightroom Desktop in order to be able to find our color labels even on the mobile version (smartphone and tablets) via a dot or a point for example, unless there is already possible but I have not found how to activate it ...?
Thanking you,
Regards,

Jean-Christophe MORACCHINI 

Bonjour,

Serait-il possible d’ajouter la fonctionnalité des libellés de couleurs synchronisés avec Lightroom Desktop afin de pouvoir retrouver nos libellés de couleurs meme sur la version mobile (smartphone et tablettes) via une pastille ou un point par exemple, à moins que ne soit déjà possible mais que je n’ai pas trouvé comment l’activer... ?

En vous remerciant, 

Cordialement, 

Jean-Christophe MORACCHINI 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have the color labeling feature added to Lr ? i guess you guys left it out because you want to make the app more simplistic? Would be great to have it since at LrC i use that more often then stars since the label is more visible in grid view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+100

Want color labels (+sync)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolutely critical feature!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah so if you guys could add this, that would be greaaaaaaat. One of the few things keeping me from using your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there ever been a note from adobe as to why this feature is not present?  This has been a request for years now..  Other software I use like PhotoMechanic actually have a preference setting to align Color Ratings with Lightroom's. So what is the why omission?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RICK i took over a thousand water drop photos and labeled the good ones with colors and if i have to go through all of those again i will lose my mind and probably die from dehydration because i will never be able to look at another drop of water again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alli Carpenter 

Are they still in LR Classic? If so, filter by color label and assign a flag or star rating instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this feature back to Lightroom. I don't understand why Lightroom classic had to disappear and this is the replacement. It seems all the basic functions are gone and there's nothing new to be excited about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a replacement for Lightroom Classic. It is a different program entirely. If you need Color Labels you should stick with Classic. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rikk

thanks for the reply and I do still use classic. Not just for the color labels but I make use of the cc mobile app as well and sync the changes between them. That’s a key feature that keeps me using Lightroom. I’ve changed my work flow a bit to accommodate the color label omission. But my question to you all at Adobe is WHY it’s not a feature. I can’t believe it’s a technical issue so I’m assuming it’s a philosophy issue. I’m curious what you all are thinking that makes using color labels such a no-no

thanks

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_degruccio You will never get this as an official answer, but it's quite obvious Adobe's main goal is to 'gently suggest'  to switch towars LR 'Cloudy'.

• It's expensive for them to maintain both softwares
  • Selling cloud is a way more profitable model
  • Once you're in that model, getting out is more difficult
  • Ther ML tech (Sensei) turns on their servers, not on your machine
  • Where is the focus right now? On the "learn" and "discover" section, not on LR
  • 'Cloudy' was (is?) far from ready, so they had to maintain both in //
  • Ask yourself what the latest updates brought to classic...
  • On their webpage, there's almost no mention of Classic

The target audiance has also shifted: the pro / enthusiast photographer market is probably way less profitable than the smartphone user using Insta filters (presets, sorry...).

Classic is probably ment to die, sooner or later, in profit of cloudy. I suspect we'll (continue to) see fewer and fewer updates with time, until a day where some modules will stop working (such as maps...) or become incompatible with a future OS or even technologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@antoine_hlmn That time may come in the future, but it's a loooooooong way off yet. They're targeted at different audiences, and the Lightroom Classic engineering team is bigger than it's been for a long time. There's more than enough customers from each audience for them to maintain both Lightroom versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must repeat. I do not want colored labels. I want colored folders.

Labels are too small and, visibly not strong enough.

I want them for all Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must repeat. I want colored folders.

Colored dots called labels are too small.

I want colored folders for all Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you're right 😉 But Adobe doesn't comunicate on their roadmap, so I doubt they'll tell us anything about their dev team or even their buisness plan. The only measurable we have, as users, are the updates and the bug fixes. And everyone can judge by in what direction the feel it going 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah they were, but i was dog sitting for a week and only brought my ipad, not my laptop. definitely doing that in the future though 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want our color labels back please!  The idea that Adobe would drop an organizational metadata element like that that it’s users have invested countless hours into is heartless or thoughtless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in IT, I'm reallw supprised that a so simple feature is still not implemented.

I will try to explain how I'm working.
In lightroom , after import and after deciding which image I will rework (I use the star rating for it) then I create a virtual copy of this image.
The imported one is flagged with a Yellow Label.
Then I do my post processing in Lightroom. I flag my image in purple.
Maybe I will edit a copy in Denoise and flag it in Purple.
Then I edit in Photoshop a new copy. After being back this copy is also flagged in Purple.
At the end maybe I will have still some adjustment or not, I will flag my final version with a green label.

And maybe I will crop my image in different format (new virtual copies) depending of the support (Instagram feed, story) and flagged them in blue.

So at the end, I have a clear view of each of my big steps 
So I can publish easily an image for each step in a tutorial.

If I want to work on my images on Ligthroom CC, I can't because I can't differentiate a similar image to another because I haven't my color labels.

For exemple, I will work on 20 images on Lightroom Classic and then go on a Business trip.
I would expect to be able to publish some of them on Instagram, but I will have nothing to help me to filter the images and see which one are the final version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to post another request for the most useful (and visual) of the rating, flagging, labeling methods - color labels!  For those of us with visual impediments, color labels have been crucial over the years - it's so much easier to discern the difference between the color red and the color green than to count the number of dots at the bottom of an image to see if it's 2 or 3. 

Please Adobe, be kind to the visually challenged, and bring this feature you've had for decades into the cloud Ecosystem.   

Votes

Translate

Translate