Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Ecosystem: Add Luminosity Range Masking

61 Votes
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's time to implement this feature to LR CC too. It's available for CC classic for some time now, and it would be a great help in CC, to adjust images more accurate.
Idea Planned
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
24 Comments
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is a work in progress. I'm sure that range mask will be added one day.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it's a work in progress.
But if more people "+" this feature request, we might get it sooner...
And since almost all other Photoeditors (competitors) have this feature, and it's a really nice feature, it should make it to CC sooner than later.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said: I'm sure it's already on the roadmap and so I doubt that posts like these will change anything.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to request that you add range masks in Lightroom (Cloudbased). For me this would ease the workflow significantly, as I would not have to go through photoshop in my editing process.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really missing the range mask feature in the mobile device

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to use Lightroom mobile on Dex, but I'm missing useful feature which is not existing on mobile version. It would be great, if Adobe would add possibilty to use gradients with the range mask option as it is on Lightroom classic.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
is it planned to implement the Range Masks for the mobile version?

Thank you in advance,
Luca

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you planning to add range luminosity masks feature to Lightroom mobile, specifically iPad version? This is the only thing that I miss on the iPad. It would be awesome if it was available there.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By being able to us colour picking in selective edits we can edit specifically a part of the pic without hindering any other area which has no pattern. For example, if you take a skyscraper pic and you want to edit only the blue part of the sky, first we should be able to use selective editing and select the sky and the use the color picking and select the blue and edit only that. By adding this feature it can cater alot of people who wants to edit only a part of the pic easily which requires way too much attention to editing without editing the part of the pics which they don't want to edit.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good request. This would be the Range Mask tool, which is available in Lightroom Classic but not yet available in the Cloud Ecosystem apps.

-------------------------------------
The Lightroom Queen - Author of Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ and Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro books.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this feature be replicated in Mobile version

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my vote to the feature request. Range masks are very helpful. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Range Masks to Lightroom CC. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite an essential feature together with Auto mask. Should be added to planned

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Range Mask be available for the Lightroom version for the IPAD PRO?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it would be nice if Lightroom mobile, which is more and more used by ipad owners (myself included), had the same options as lightroom classic.

The tablet edition is great.
Do you have visibility on a potential update? Because we've been waiting for a long time 😞

Thanks you

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile is a very powerful app, I've used it solely for my career thus far, however, there are still some missing features. I'm only gonna make one request because this particular tool would dramatically, and I mean dramatically, improve our results. That would be the range mask tool that is found in the gradient tools on desktop. Allowing us to change the usual lighting elements and color would be great. This tool allows us to not just adjust all highlights and shadows, but different levels of highlights and shadows. It will allow better precision with highlights and shadows adjustments, also allowing us to not blow out highlights trying to bring up the darker highlights, same with the shadows. Ok, enough rambling, please consider adding this as it will make this app blow all other apps way out of the water (even more than it already does).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*nimo68bullitt Totally agree with you!
Let's pray... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Range Mask to lightroom. Without this tool there is no real workflow in lightroom for landscape photography at the moment. Thank you. This tool shouldn't be so hard to implement.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently attending the 2021 Virtual Lightroom Summit. I would say that at least half of the instructors are showing powerful editing techniques using Range Masking with Lightroom Classic (both luminosity and color masking).

Adding this to Lightroom Cloud should be a high priority because it opens up enormous capabilities for editing all kinds of images from portraits to landscapes to architectural.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the color and luminosity masks in the classic version very much und I miss them in the CC and mobile version. Are there plans to implement these area masks in these versions?

Same question to HDR-Merging in the Mobile Version for Android. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn’t age well…

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please can the option to apply colour and luminance masks to selective edits be added to Lightroom (and ideally Lightroom mobile) as it is in Lightroom classic?

- Mod note, merged into existing feature request

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines