• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Luminance Range Masking

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selective masking using luminance in Lightroom cc as in Lightroom classic would help speed up editing. Is this on the plan to be added in the near future?

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't share their plans in advance, but I would have thought so. Gets my vote anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighroom CC, Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw are all based on the same raw engine, so it's safe to assume that anything in the develop module of Lightroom Classic or in ACR will sooner or later make its way into Lightroom CC as well. In fact, Lightroom CC already reads and applies the Range Mask on images that are synched from Lightroom Classic with this feature. The only thing nobody can and will tell you is how long it will take. There is  still a lot of work to do in Lightroom CC, so don't expect everything to appear overnight.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's time to implement this feature to LR CC too. It's available for CC classic for some time now, and it would be a great help in CC, to adjust images more accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is a work in progress. I'm sure that range mask will be added one day.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it's a work in progress.
But if more people "+" this feature request, we might get it sooner...
And since almost all other Photoeditors (competitors) have this feature, and it's a really nice feature, it should make it to CC sooner than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said: I'm sure it's already on the roadmap and so I doubt that posts like these will change anything.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this would be a great feature to add to the mobile/iPad app for Lightroom. Is this something that may be considered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to request that you add range masks in Lightroom (Cloudbased). For me this would ease the workflow significantly, as I would not have to go through photoshop in my editing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really missing the range mask feature in the mobile device

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to use Lightroom mobile on Dex, but I'm missing useful feature which is not existing on mobile version. It would be great, if Adobe would add possibilty to use gradients with the range mask option as it is on Lightroom classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
is it planned to implement the Range Masks for the mobile version?

Thank you in advance,
Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you planning to add range luminosity masks feature to Lightroom mobile, specifically iPad version? This is the only thing that I miss on the iPad. It would be awesome if it was available there.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By being able to us colour picking in selective edits we can edit specifically a part of the pic without hindering any other area which has no pattern. For example, if you take a skyscraper pic and you want to edit only the blue part of the sky, first we should be able to use selective editing and select the sky and the use the color picking and select the blue and edit only that. By adding this feature it can cater alot of people who wants to edit only a part of the pic easily which requires way too much attention to editing without editing the part of the pics which they don't want to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good request. This would be the Range Mask tool, which is available in Lightroom Classic but not yet available in the Cloud Ecosystem apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this feature be replicated in Mobile version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my vote to the feature request. Range masks are very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Range Masks to Lightroom CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite an essential feature together with Auto mask. Should be added to planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Range Mask be available for the Lightroom version for the IPAD PRO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was introduced to Lightroom as a mobile user who wanted the flexibility of working from the cloud, and it has been a fantastic experience. I've become comfortable using all of the features that Lightroom offers, but have recently become aware of the Luminance Masking features in Classic that have made me wonder if I should shift to the Classic version. The problem is that I'd be sacrificing the cloud flexibility that I've come to depend on. 

Is it possible to use the Lightroom Classic platform within the Lightroom CC system? Or is there an easy way to use both applications -- Classic for more powerful editing, but organizing the libraries with the file structuring of the CC? I have both applications on my desktop and it seems that I ought to be able to use both, but I expect it would lead to all kinds of confusion. 

I'm sure this issue has been raised many times before, but really feel that there should be a way to take advantage of the editing power of Classic without having to move my library and adjust my workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, yes, but you are correct in thinking that it can create a fair bit of confusion if you want originals in the cloud. You have to decide which will be your primary tool - probably the cloud one in your case. Classic will sync down all of the originals you've uploaded in the cloud versions, so you need enough storage to keep those originals separately to any local cloud cache, and be careful what you do in Classic as not everything syncs up.

Adobe have heard the request for extending the masking tools in the cloud version, so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't added in due course, but I don't have a timescale to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that thoughtful reply. It confirms what I thought, and have begrudgingly decided to forego the luminance masking capabilities in the interest of keeping my life simpler. I'm curious which application most professional photographers use, since it would seem unwise to choose not to have access to the deeper editing tools, but with people being increasingly mobile and reliant on universal cloud access, it would seem like quite a compromise to limit your editing to such time that you're able to sit at your desktop -- especially given how much travel factors into the profession. But I don't have experience with Classic, and don't have a feel for the differing model of file management, so it's possible I'm misunderstanding the inconvenience entailed.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Erik Chittick Different pros have different priorities. Many have vast numbers of photos, so are better suited to Classic's local storage. Personally, the convenience of cloud storage suits me best. If you haven't used Classic, it does come with a significant learning curve, so I'd probably pin my hopes on Adobe improving masking in the cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate