• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Album sort by date

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good to sort albums chronologically, by the date of the earliest photo.  When you have lots of albums covering many years, it doesn't always make sense to have them sorted alphabetically.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should definitely by in feature request category instead of just idea. This has to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Ideally you should be able to click and drag any folder or album to any position you want. The alphabetical listing is too confining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean on LR Classic CC or in LR CC? Because on the mobile version there is the possibility to sort by import date...which, I guess, it’s not what you really asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A must have, sorely missing - sort by date, newest first and oldest first, albums and folders - missing in desktop app, works in mobile app (iOS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, "idea" is this forum's wording for a feature request - so don't worry, it's already a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree to this request. 
I have a few albums which I add photos to, on a frequent/daily basis filtered/sync in via Lightroom Classic CC tagged as keepers ie Food, Portrait, Events, Travel etc. These albums are like running diaries. There is already a View by date which expands out pretty well for all the photos in LrCC to year, month and day. Implementing a view by date similar to within each album will be much welcome especially when the album consist of photos taken over a period of years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I have all albums sorted from newest to oldest pictures. For me it makes sense to have them from the oldest to newest - did you ever presented someone an album from the newest pictures to the oldest one? I did not, every story has it beginning and the end, in this order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that the title explain itself. The problem i find is that sorting by name is usable but not always, sorting by edition time is useless as only changing the cover of the album and already it is on the top of the list. sorting by photocount i will not commen as i just for 20 years in photography i would find it usefull twice. 

Please add sorting by creation date.

Votes

Translate

Translate