No 'Detail' option on Samsung android device

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018
The Android version doesn't have all of the same features as the iOS app yet, but I'll switch this to a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't my samsung Lr have 'detail' option on the editing tool bar, like my iphone did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dianne,

I don't mean to be overly simplistic but is it possible that it is just off the edge of the screen? Can you scroll the toolbar to the left and reveal it?

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no. Signed out and back in to check. Maybe they are behind with their updates, because i notice a few setting missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick unfortunately the very useful overlay feature that's still available in the is app was removed in the latest UX redesign of the Android app. See my previous post.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Android version doesn't have all of the same features as the iOS app yet, but I'll switch this to a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, Victoria is correct. The Details menu containing the noise reduction and sharpening controls appears only when applying selective edits

I looked too quickly at the help page earlier and saw the Details setting but didn't realize I was looking at a subset of the Selective Edits function. 

At least you can paint-in noise reduction and sharpening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is the Android version of Lightroom going to get Sharpening and noise settings like iOS? It's a good product that has come a long way and I'm sure us Android lightroom customers would be extremely grateful if we were given the same features. Even if it takes just a bit more time. As long as its on it's way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think LRM is great and use it to cull and edit all of my photos. As I import into LR (desktop) from my memory card, I add the photos to a new collection that is synced to LRM. I can do 80 - 90% of my editing on my iPad Pro 12.9 inch with Apple pencil. I do review all photos later on my desktop to ensure everything looks good before I print, export or publish.

As I said, I am very happy with LRM but would really like to see the ability to sharpen and reduce noise. It would reduce the time required on my desktop and make mobile editing more efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love Lightroom CC, but the lack of detail options on Android is pretty frustrating. I have a Chromebook as a main computer and I can't make a full satisfying post processing on it because of that.The Photoshop Express app has a decent detail control, why not just implement it on Lr?Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate