• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to sync Stacks

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to sync stacks between devices in Lightroom CC. I don't mean the photos, I mean the fact they are in a stack. I sorted loads of photos into stacks on my Mac and figured they'ed be stacked on my iPad but they are not.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
43 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it ridiculous that Lightroom mobile for iOS can’t support stacks. What kind of attitude is Adobe pulling with resisting adding this feature for 2 years now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I an a new user to light room (CC) and since stacks seems to be the way Adobe allows us to organise withing an Album I have been looking for how to get ti to work on my Android version of Light room.

Adobe, please add this, i really needs stacks everywhere....HDR multirow panos can have dozens of photos that get merged into a single final shot....i need to 'stack' them together in the desktop version and if i try to use the mobile app (one of the resons for tryin Adobe products) i can find what i want!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish grouping of photos was supported in LR mobile , please add this as a feature requestWhen i group photos in LR web, wish the grouping showed on mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 2 years has passed and functionality is still missing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like other issues/missing features. But be sure we will get a whole buch of new tutorials in next update 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pathetic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s funny because it’s true 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still surprises me that for an app that's designed to allow you to use lightroom anywhere, something this basic doesn't exist in terms of library management...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you consider implementing virtual copies and stacks into LR mobile.

I’ve moved to a 100% mobile workflow - no Mac to fall back on. LR Mobile is fantastic but there’s just a couple of enhancements I’d love to see.

In Classic, I used to have two collections (now albums) for Mono Favourites and Colour Favourites and I’d often have two edits of the same image in each of these collections. That is not a achievable in LR Mobile. The image in the albums only ever reflects the currently applied version. 

The ability to create a virtual copy would resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtual copies are covered by the Versions feature recently introduced. They work more like a snapshot than a virtual copy. There is no plan to add the type of virtual copies found in Lightroom Classic. I will leave this feature request intact as a request for Stacks. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

Further to this... The ability to “add version to album” is the answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

Thanks Rikk. 

The versions functionality as it currently operates does not solve the use case I’ve described and does not cover the virtual copy concept.

It is impossible to place version 1 of an image into one album and version 2 of an image into a second album. The image in the both albums only ever reflects the current applied edits. 

The stacks functionality makes no sense without the concept of multiple versions of the same image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for stacks. I do still have a Mac but using iPad as much as possible and don’t have LR Classic. For me it’s more about having a browsable catalogue without having to see all the takes and duplicates. I can filter by picks but that’s not always the view I’m after. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that grouped/stacked photos are not universally supported? Instead of the top photo showing from a stacked photo, all of them show as separate photos. This means that every time I create a Photoshop edit I have to remember to UNGROUP when sharing in an album

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say grouped photos, I'm assuming you're referring to stacks. Merging into the related feature request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk is there any probability to close on this gap feature? It's really important to have stacks consistently in all Lightroom implementations, it is currently only available in desktop, mobile and web don't have stacks at all, which makes it a nightmare to manage HDR or other bracketed/copied photos. It's been 3 years since this thread has started... please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"The stacks functionality makes no sense without the concept of multiple versions of the same image" May not make sense to you, but certainly does to other people. I don't use multiple versions, but I use stacks in Classic all the time. Such as stacking photos at different exposures, or I do the Hi+ feature on my camera and thus have 100 photos over the course of a minute, I'd stack those together, and many other use cases. So while stacks I'm sure have a use case that pairs with versions, that is certainly just one of many that would be helpful on Mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate