• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Image too small when editing

LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New workspace not good. Whats with the new Lightroom mobile app?

My tools window now take up 1/2 of the screen on my iPad Pro 10.5. It was much better before when it was down on the bottom and the tool bar disappeard to allow for the full screen image while doingedits. Not a good update!

It would also be nice if we had the option to export in more size options, instead of only 2048 and full res.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
37 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, with all that, and yes, too much wasted space now. Then again, im more inclined to use LRM on my iPad in landscape mode so not quite as bad, but id still prefer to have the sliders at the bottom like it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wholeheartedly agree - I can't believe 2.8 was actually released. The interface is a HUGE step backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old functionality was fantastic. This new design has gone backward. It is unintuitive, a poor use of space and poor design. Is there a way that i can roll back to the older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone knows how to roll back to 2.7, please leave a reply. Pic flick and the old interface had become a cornerstone of my editing process and I can't go back to the antiquated design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to set the Black & White points with a two fingered touch. The histogram took up much of the top screen space. My two fingers on the slider took up much of the bottom of the space. So I could not see enough of the rest of the screen to find the Black & White points. Please take us back to the prior release (but leave the Adjustment Brush and the Apple Pen support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I prefer the editing tools in a ribbon along the bottom. This way the image is as large as possible and, for me, easier to edit. Is this an option? If not, why didn't some ask ME what I thought about the new format before making the change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree because I'm already working on a smaller screen than I'd like to be (an ipad pro), so I want to be able to see as much of my picture as possible so I can better analyze the edits I'm making. It's so hard to gauge small details with this new update. For me it doesn't matter whether my screen is vertical or horizontal, both tilts are displaying my pictures at half my screen or less. Maybe some people prefer this, but I'd love to have the option to make the editing bar smaller (kind of like how you can in desktop), where I slide it to the side (ideally back to the size it was before). Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant you just edit at 100% or zoomed in? I’m with you on not liking the new layout but I’ve now got used to most of it and find it still just as usable most fo the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we can expect more from Adobe. "Usable most of the time" is not an acceptable status quo. The prior implementation was useful ALL of the time. Another option is PS Express, an Adobe photoshop tool for mobile devices. If you havent tried it, it's pretty cool. Tools are still along the bottom of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prior version was rubbish when it came to using the masking brush 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put it back how it was, and bring back the presets there used to be as well. Surely an option to select what layout we want isn't to hard to do? There's so much wasted space like everyone has said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pre-sets are still there unless you are talking about something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please change the layout to what it was before on the iPad. I do the majority of my post/correction on the iPad and now the image is considerably smaller. When working with a smaller screen, every inch counts and this update is killing LR for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only just noticed a bunch of smaller, equally bad but less obvious issues. For example when you finishi changing the order of images in a set you have to counter intuitively press the 'back' button to get out of reorder mode. Considering that it has long become a standard that holding on an image or icon will cause the UI to make them 'jiggle' and allow you to rearrange, it's baffeling that you would choose such a counter productive method. What happened? How did Adobe drop the ball so bad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe Developers. I know your listening. Is it going to take an act of Congress to reverse this problem? No, that would really take too long. But this should have been fixed by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an iPad pro specifically for Lightroom so that I could edit my pictures while traveling.
The full screen editing was the MAIN reason for this. It made editing both fun, intuitive and fast.
PLEASE, PLEASE, bring it back. I can't understand why it was taken away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with others on this. The other features with selective edits that have been added are most welcome (thank you) but why the full screen edit has been compromised in this way is a complete mystery.

At least if there was a way of dragging the panel sizes it would not be so bad - or better still, being able to select the tool/slider you want to use and then 'hiding' the tool bar in order to use the tool you've just selected and working full screen.. Zooming into 100% is not really a solution - The tool panel hogging such a large amount of screen real estate is simply bad design in my opinion and negates the new features that have been added, a very odd design decision Adobe. At least give us the option to resize or 'hide' the right hand tool panel. Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went from using the mobile app on iPad nearly everyday, to having tried it twice since the update and not opening it since.

Using desktop exclusively now as the new mobile update is a substandard UX design and experience . Adobe seems to have put the C team on this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont let it bother me now. The layout hasn’t stopped me using LRM any less, and the new features have made me use it even more than before. Yeah, its not perfect but nothing is. Still dont use it on my phone but my ipad gets used almost every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As consumers why accept something that is a step backwards and sub-standard? I f we do so then the product makers are not compelled to change for the better. Not letting it bother you is fine, but the brand owner needs to understand consumer needs and concerns are not to be dismissed so easily...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step back only in the eyes of those that dont like it. I do now like it so where does that leave us?
You are not talking for everyone, and while i understand what you mean you need to be aware that not everyone will share your view so please, when you talk about the consumer make sure you include all of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet your initial message seems to imply because it's "okay" for you...then what we the majority of users here who do not like it should then accept it? The starting tone of this thread is on the negative impact of the newest update to users.  I am a consumer and I am talking for those who dislike it... A suggestion maybe for you to start another thread on what people do like, so the brand owners can compare side by side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My initial reply was 2 months ago, do you not think it might change once i got used to the layout?
Ive also stated i use it almost every day, so it definitely works for some. Having the sliders easily accessible in one go, rather than having to open each one as it used to be has been a big time saver. Having less image space isn't ideal but the pro's that come with it are much better FOR ME.

I still think its ok, but not perfect, but i suspect if it was perfect for me it wouldn't be for everyone, so yeah, its 'ok'.

In life we have to accept a lot of things, its a case of take it or leave it. Can i ask what you use instead of LRM now?

Votes

Translate

Translate