• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Image too small when editing

LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New workspace not good. Whats with the new Lightroom mobile app?

My tools window now take up 1/2 of the screen on my iPad Pro 10.5. It was much better before when it was down on the bottom and the tool bar disappeard to allow for the full screen image while doingedits. Not a good update!

It would also be nice if we had the option to export in more size options, instead of only 2048 and full res.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
37 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for software development and understand perception changes after some time using a new/updated product. This is not the case with this update. I have almost stopped using lightroom mobile in favor to other mobile apps (such as snapseed) and desktop versions, I am even considering stopping my subscription if I manage to integrate these other tools in my workflow.
Since I am not a pro, most of my workflow is mobile. I am not saying everything is wrong with the update, but three things they changed broke it.
One: not being able to see the full picture and the slider at the same time adds one extra tap (I usually have to go back and forward). I have an 8 inch tablet, you would say I'd appreciate having the picture full size; well, I don't, I need the full picture.
The other two things they broke in my opinion is having to change the menu on the top left to be able to rate/flag a picture or edit or show info. Again, extra taps, in this case with no benefits. Against all usability treaties.
Third thing I don't like the small and not precise sliders, though they look much better, they are more difficult to use. I never had issues with the previous ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, i get the full image and multiple sliders all at the same time. Maybe my iPad Pro works differently to your tablet, but i like this layout over the old one slider at the bottom of the screen layout. It’s much closer to the desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even on my 10.5" iPad Pro, the new interface reduces image size dramatically over the previous version, and I wrote to Adobe to let them know that interface took up too much screen real estate (little did I know what was coming!). On Sebastian's 8" tablet, he's probably getting down to phone-size previews.

I realize that the new interface mimics the desktop, and some may like that, but I strongly believe that, on small-screen devices, anything that keeps an interface on-screen when it isn't actively being used is a waste of space. You can only move one slider at a time, so there is no reason for there to be six on screen at once, let alone all the other interface panels under them.

It seems pretty clear that somebody at Adobe thought that bringing the desktop paradigm over to the mobile product was a good idea, but there are a lot of people who very strongly disagree with that, and I hope Adobe listens. As I've said before, the fact that Adobe is still bringing out wholesale interface changes this far into LR Mobile's life makes me think that they really don't understand the role the product is playing, which is pretty stunning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly agree.  Take us back to the old interface for the iPad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why haven't we heard from the developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree!

I bought an iPad 10.5 pro mainly for editing pictures in Lightroom.
Now I don't use it at all... Please, please change it back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full image is very different from full screen though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried the new LR Mobile 3.0 on iPad? How has the interface changed? Is the image/editing space bigger now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given it a cursory first look, and it is improved. Specifically, the editing panel is now translucent, so the image doesn't shrink when you open the panel. Still not ideal, as the panel still covers enough of the image that it could be an issue, depending on where you want to be looking as you move a slider, but at least the image isn't immediately shrinking to a much smaller size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like how the sliders panel disappears when editing at anything over full image view, leaving only the current slider itself visible. Takes a bit of getting used to but nice improvement. The panels slider is also a bit narrower than before, and in my case the Blacks slider seems to more properly now.
Not keen about thei ‘Done’ button being right at the bottom of the screen. Means a bit more movement to jump between the different editing modes. Nothing I wont get used to quickly though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is a step back.  Interface is like giving a calculator to violinist and asking for a symphony.

Votes

Translate

Translate