• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photo merge (Pano & HDR) with imported images

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that LRM has the ability to do HDR photos with the built in camera, it would be nice to also be able to produce HDR images with imported photos.  It should be fairly easy to implement since the coding is already done for the camera.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an ability to photo merge and HDR image on the iPad version of lightroom CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to enable merging photos in Adobe Lightroom Photoshop mobile (iPad). I'm taking pictures with my DSLR in different exposures. When I want to merge them, I need to got to the desktop version or Lightroom Classic to get my hdr.   

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Wombold Doubt it. The Adobe engineers haven't listened to us for the past 4 years. Why start now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include photo merging on the Ipad version.  This is a tremendous need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah how many MORE years is it going to take before you actually do something to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus Christ. Just add the feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump to add HDR merging please, something pros need without hauling around a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would very appreciate the possibility to merge photos to hdr in lightroom for the ipad. I also would like to get some more import options like it is in lightroom cc (desktop). You can rename your photos, add meta data and add some keywords. Afterwards it would be very nice to sync all these information with lightroom cc (desktop). 

That would be so helpful to keep my workflow while travelling with the ipad. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not going to happen. Most of these have already been marked will not implement.

e.g. filename change. Filenames have no value in the cloud focused model, therefore Adobe will not spend the time to work on this feature.

Adobe has also said, they are not planning to enhance the existing sync features between the cloud and Classic.

The other items, such as ability to set meta-data on import would be a nice enhancement and should be separate requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion they value. When you use the same camera long enough, the photo names will start counting from the beginning again. When you don't change the names, you will have them twice sometime. This is the point, where you will face problems with importing pictures with same names (overwriting and so on).

I bought the ipad to travel with camera and ipad only. It's more convenient than taking the macbook on trips with all its "accessoires". In my opinion many people got the same idea, especially the full frame user 😄

So I personally think it's necessary to get a workflow similar to the desktop programs, otherwise it would make no sense to get an ipad with adobe software, when you have no options for your photos and can't keep your workflow or be able to create and adjusted one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud does not use filenames. It keeps them, but they are not core to the system. Each image has what is supposed to be a unique key based on the actual content of the image (this means they likely are creating a hash based on the actual image data or the meta-data). Since Adobe has never published (that I have seen) I cannot evaluate the concept the uniqueness claim.

I can state I have import over a hundred images from a Sony A7R IV on high continous from a single sequence of ocean horizon. And I had no issues.

In Classic, you only had issues with duplicate filenames if you put everything in a single folder, if you accepted the default of a separate directory per import day, then even then you would not have had issues.

I would point out, every digital camera I have used allows you to change the filename to some degree.

I am also a full frame photographer, and I only use Lr in the cloud. Yes, when you look online you see a lot of photographers who use Lr cloud as the ingestion system to Classic. However, this is not the product vision; and fundamentally takes the cloud product in a direction that is in conflict with the vision of the product.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is, what it is.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has my vote (literally). I have been working exclusively on an iPhone and iPad and the lack of HDR and Pano Merge is a glaring workflow hole for me. Right now, to do an HDR and/or Pano merge, I need to export the images, load them into Affinity Photo, Merge, Save, and then re-import into Lightroom. I understand the memory constraints... especially for a phone... can be difficult to work with and would potentially provide a bad user experience. But what about doing it in the cloud, since our photos are there anyway? Just a thought. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have late 2021 now!!

Hey ADOBE!!!! Wake up!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a "merge" feature in Lightroom Mobile? I used to use a PC desktop and be able to "merge" multiple photos to make it a panoramic picture. Now I am using the app on my iPad Pro. I can't find that feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature isn't (yet) available on the mobile version.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. Hope they are working on it because it's a great feature for landscape photography. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a serious photographer (for more than 50 years),  but I haven't owned a computer for several years now.  I'm fairly sure there are a lot of us. As I now shoot with a Fuji X100v; when I need a wide ultra wide angle shot I stitch photos. It's a real pain since LR mobile on my Android tablet or phone doesn't do stitching. I must carefully process the raws all the same, then export to Samsung Gallery as JPGs,  then import into the Biostitch app, then after stitching export back into LR Mobile.  How about some help Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1TB models now have 16GB of RAM! They are more powerfult than a lot of laptops and a great tool to edit photos on the go or in realtime in front of a customer. I am a professional areial photographer and it helps to be able to complete my shoot at the job site. I wish they would include a package of Lr that has ALL or most of the features of the desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly...

This is only one the reason why i still use the LR Classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this feature extensively in architectural photography, and it's lack of presence in the mobile version is preventing me from adopting mobile over classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add HDR merge capability to the iPadOS version of Lightroom. This is the only missing feature that precludes me from relying entirely on an iPad to manage my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot primarily landscape and macro photos.  I would love to be able to use an ipad pro for all of my photo editing needs.  Merging photos is the last major thing I am waiting on to be able to make this change.  I would like to see the Lightroom version for ipad be able to merge photos just like the desktop version (HDR, Panoramas, and HDR Panoramas).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Lightroom ecosystem (Cloud-based) forum from Photoshop ecosystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation. Would really like to see Lightroom mobile implement support for HDR Merge, so that I can do HDR merges of my DSLR photos on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate