Please add selective edit auto-mask

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add auto mask on lightroom for ipad os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automask for lightroom mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We NEED the Auto Mask option for the drawing tool. We need this to be accurate with the same options for feathering and opacity... we need a more touch sensitive surface that responds to opacity to be able to be toggled. And we need the ability to adjust sensitivity of the auto mask to the content it is interacting with. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

I have been wanting to ask for a long time. Especially with the wonderful "texture" filter that you added. 

Longer-term. Please continue to improve the auto filter... it has improved. Need options for bulk edits for CC version (I am talking mobile platform) - much easier bulk editing and changing - more options for watermark selections - and options to save history of edits wouldn't be bad (snapshots). 

Also better engineering to connect with Lightroom Classic catalogues outside of the "collections" format. Or re-imagining what the collections will look like and which naming conventions are used for organizing those folders etc. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2019 Sep 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us a feature of auto masking as lightroom cc plzzzzz

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add to Lightroom CC mobile: Automask would be VERY helpful and save a ton of time. On the linear gradient, when using the eraser, it would be helpful to still see the mask showing where the gradient is applied so you can see what you're erasing. For adjusting whites and blacks, if you can hold shift and double click the whites/blacks slider and it automatically maximizes them for you like on the desk top version. Keyboard shortcuts would be nice as well, like O, M, [ and ], etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I want to use (am testing at the moment) lightroom mobile (newest version) on my brand new iPadPro 2018 11'' with Apple Pencil 2.

I found out that:

there is no AutoMask feature in lightroom mobile (iPad)
I think with new iPadPro and ApplePencil2 it would make sence to add AutoMask feature in lightroom mobile (iOS)

Apple Pencil 2 support ok in the beginning but lighgtroom recognizes ApplePencil Inputs as well as touching by finger/hand at same time.
Complicated if I touch screen with hand when editing with ApplePencil.

Does Adobe plan to implement better iPad/Apple Pencil support for lkightroom mobile in near future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 2020 iPad Pro and I am in dire need of the automask feature similar to Lightroom CC or Lightroom on Desktop. Is the adjustment brush automask feature in the works as a new feature in a new update? Please say yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using lightroom mobile and shocked to find out auto mask is not available. Pretty much does away with my need of using lightroom mobile in the first place. Even more shocked it's still not added after users asking for it for over 2 years.. Please Adobe, there's a lot of us that can really use this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been a lot of people asking for this for a while now. Adobe, you guys listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no auto mask at Christmas 2022. People have been asking at least since 2019. Let's keep making noise guys. (And no, the new AI masking features don't fill this need.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been FIVE YEARS, Adobe, FIVE YEARS. Really, there isn't much more to say than just that.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate