• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Local only, Non-Synch Workspace

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have a workspace where the user could review photographs without synching them. The workspace would need to support multiple folders and be stored locally. Once an Album was moved to the "Main" Lightroom album area it would be allowed to synch. Without this type of controlled synch I don't see Lightroom CC ever becoming my tool of choice.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

I agree. It's better to choose the right tool for the job than to try to change the wrong tool so it fits the job too. If you want to store images locally, then Lightroom (CC was dropped from its name about two years ago) is not the right tool. Lightroom Classic is the tool for that. You can still sync images from Lightroom Classic to the cloud if you want to see them on your mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

If you want to "review and edit images locally without syncing" then perhaps you should consider using Lightroom Classic. Then you can create albums of the images that you want to sync and synchronize them as smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

This was released in October

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to "review and edit images locally without syncing" then perhaps you should consider using Lightroom Classic. Then you can create albums of the images that you want to sync and synchronize them as smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It's better to choose the right tool for the job than to try to change the wrong tool so it fits the job too. If you want to store images locally, then Lightroom (CC was dropped from its name about two years ago) is not the right tool. Lightroom Classic is the tool for that. You can still sync images from Lightroom Classic to the cloud if you want to see them on your mobile devices.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was released in October

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released