• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Captions field too small, It should be a box, not a single line for editorial photographers.

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provide captioned photos to my editorial clients. 
A shoot may share the location and event info, in the caption, and different photos may have different people/subjects that need to be identifiable with their names. 

I can do that in Lightroom Classic. But in Lightroom Cloud based the "Caption" field is only one line. 
Making coping pasting a paragraph of text with the event info on the whole shoot and typing the sujects' names really hard. It does not allow checking fro line breakes either. 

Most editorial photographers need to provide captions that describe what/where/who and include the photographer's name for the credit in the caption field. 

Unexplicably the "Caption" box in LR is only one line. I understand that for the "Title"  field, that is usually just one line/headline. "

The recent LRC 13.3 update has been problematic for me, with terribly slow and buggy performance. SO I tried to use LR as an alternative, but the inability to properly and quickly enter captions has been a dealbreaker. 

I could write the captions on a text file and copy/paste tehm, but it is a poor workaround for a basic feature of image editing and cataloguing softwar. It would be a simple and useful change to expand the Captions field in LR for computer and mobile devices. 

thanks 

Stefano

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?