• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to add a border

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way on the app to expand beyond the edges of the photo like you can on the desktop app and create custom white boarders?? I haven't found a way and it's quite frustrating as it's a simple enough thing. Thanks in advance!

Idea Started
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Borders are now available on Export from the iOS devices as of the December release (8.1)

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
44 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Do you know how to insert a white frame on a photo on lightroom mobile (iPhone)?

I find only Tuto for lightroom on computer.

Thanks

agathe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Agathe,

There's an ongoing feature request for this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/lightroom-mobile-ability-to-add...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even in Ps express it is not possible to change the size of the border.... How can I  add borders to my posts in ig?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Borders are now available on Export from the iOS devices as of the December release (8.1)

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw the new add border and share option, and I love it, I can finally add a cinematic letterbox style look to my images easily. Only thing is that this border and share option does not have any image quality options, so it exports a lower quality jpeg. Please add image quality options to it as well, and also maybe the ability to manually resize the border and not just preset border sizes. This would make this new feature perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something? Adding borders does not seem to be an option in export settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something? Adding borders does not seem to be an option in export settings. 

What version of Lightroom are you running, and on what device? This new feature is only available in the 8.1 version of Lightroom running on iOS or iPadOS devices. With those devices the new border option is available at the bottom of the Share dialog:

Screenshot_30_12_2022__09_57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPhone 13 mini running 8.1 Lightroom mobile. That menu you posted doesn't contain that last border option on my device. It's a little odd but I'm not suprised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am a little surprised, as I wasn't aware of any specific device restrictions. Hopefully we'll get a comment from Adobe when they are back from their break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this kind of thing before with the mini. Hopefully it's user error and I'm just not looking in the right spot for the device. Thank you!  

10C24DE7-782A-47BB-BD7F-CD7874136A5C.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That certainly looks like the right place, so it would seem to be a specific problem with your device type. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed in due course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great add but implementation needs a review. At the time of writing the export with border function gives me the lowest file size available which renders the option rather useless if picture quality is relevant...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not available for Lightroom mobile in iPad. It´s a little bit frustrating that some option are available only in iPhone, some in iPad and others in Mac. 

it will be possible that the systems get unified to be really portable ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteThis is not available for Lightroom mobile in iPad. It´s a little bit frustrating that some option are available only in iPhone, some in iPad and others in Mac. 

What version of Lightroom are you running on your iPad, and what version of iPadOS are you using?

This screenshot was taken on my 5th generation 12.9" iPad Pro running Lightroom 8.1 under iPadOS 16.1.1:

Cursor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Adding border is a super nifty feature. However, I noticed that the when I export the image with border Lightroom (iPad) reduces its dimensions quite a LOT. For example, my 19MP image (cropped from 24MP) went down to 3MP. I suppose it's fine if you want to share it on instagram but I'd like to see better control over image exporting with borders.

Why can't the tool be added under "Export as..." where I can set my other parameters such as output sharpening etc. 

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about users on Android? This feature is not available to date.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a post about the export options. 

Right now, we dont have any control of the export. Size, quality, sharpen output, etc... Why? It is useless right now, and it gives a super bad quality result (really small size and quality). 

Could we have the same export options that other "export options" have?

This is the post i just did about it: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/no-export-options-when-ad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Any idea when will this feature be available to android? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes but how can we add borders on PS Express (iPhone) without cropping the photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate