• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Airplay / Chromecast support

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,Lightroom mobile is shaping up nicely getting new functionalities and I find myself using it more and more often these days.One features I would love to see added is support for casting to our shiny big TV:- Chromecast (Android & iOS)- Airplay (iOS)What do you think?Thanks for your feedback.Best regards,Arnauld.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have added comments/metadata to all my pictures (Library -> Metadata). It would be cool if was possible to see these comments/metadata when I shows my pictures for friends and family on my TV so they can see where the picture is taken and my comments to the picture.

It could be nice if it was possible to cast the pictures from Lightroom to my TV with chrome cast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it is useful to show pictures on a tv. The ability to send a photo or presentation to Chromecast would solve a lot of usage cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take pictures, edit all pictures and add metadata in Lightroom. What is missing? Show the pictures with metadata on the TV using Chrome cast (in Lightroom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see it is almost possible to do what I want under Lightroom -> Web -> Image info (IPTC data is where my comments i stored).

So the function is already in Lightroom but can be improved. I want to see the 'Image info' in the picture in full size and use chrome cast to cast the pictures on my TV.

A little improvement but makes Lightroom so much better

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As there are more and more Android TVs out there that support Chromecast out of the box Lightroom Mobile should support Chromecast to present your photos in th big screen.Are there any plans to integrate Chromecast support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile for Android now has a nice presentation / slideshow function but it still lacks native support for Chromecast. Any idea if this would be implemented soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this still not be implemented? Presenting pictures to clients would be immensely better if it could cast. Casting the entire screen is quite ugly .

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 please add Chromecast support. There's currently no easy way to present a Lightroom album on a TV, and this would make it so easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple TV has its own dedicated Lightroom app for displaying your photos. I wouldn't expect Android TV to get the same treatment (though I would love it if it did) but I do think Chromecast support would have broad enough appeal to be plausible. In fact if we can only have one or the other then cast support makes more sense than Apple TVs because: iPhones could use it too, a lot more cast devices exist out in the wild than Apple TVs, and the development resources required to maintain the ability to cast slideshows would be minimal. I hope to see this on the roadmap some day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree, Chromecast support would be fantastic

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2019 Sep 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of Chromecast support is really the only thing that keeps me tight to Google Photos. And it adds all the effort of exporting JPGs and importing manually into Photos (as there's no direct "connection" available).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on this should be so simple to implement and was requested 4 years ago! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can chromecast be implemented for Lr mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to your points: Onedrive is not able to sort pictures by date taken. Only date modified.
Please Adobe - Chromecast would be very useful. And I'd like to buy more storage as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to cast from my tablet using Lr. It usually in other apps shows me a cast icon that I can choose but it does not seem like an option in the Lr app. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if there was chromecast support on your Android app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote for chromecast support.  And other ways to be able to view Lightroom collections and enhanced presentation features, like randomizing slideshows, slideshows from multiple collections, etc.

We spend a lot of time and care on our photos, and want to see them 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another vote for chromecast support!!

Votes

Translate