• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Custom Brush Presets

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was (and still am, I guess) so, so excited about the launch of the new CC. However, I was extremely disappointed to find that there is no local adjustments folder to add custom brush presets. I chatted with an Adobe Support rep and they said that it "may be added in the future" and to post on here.

I cannot believe that I have to post on here asking for Adobe to add a main chunk of my workflow back into Lightroom. I can't be the only one whose LR workflow is affected by the lack of this capability.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Updating Status

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
97 Comments
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it seemed like feature parity mostly in CC vs the legacy version, seemed most likely it's been very odd that after 3 years items like this still haven't been added or at least promised. And makes you wonder if these core features will ever be added. Or if Classic will stick around forever, I wonder when that will finally get a design refresh to match all other modern Adobe apps. Unless like Apple, the plan isn't to bring feature parity or continue classic forever but instead abandon the pro app, and focus on the consumer based app that has makes a lot more and has a much larger market of users. Though that would then only leave C1 for Pros. So imagine if that is the case it will be many many years away. Here's for hoping either CC gets all these core features or a major design refresh is coming to classic (though I imagine they would have called Lightroom Pro rather than Lightroom Classic if that was the case ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Community!

Has Adobe, ever considered adding effects like, make person eyes bigger, or brighter, or make teeths more white etc. in Lightroom?

I know I can do this manually, by adding in the bursh section, and increase exposure, increase white etc.

But it would be really cool if they added these effects, to people like me who are beginner.

But is it just me who wants these effect though?

Kinds regards

Rebin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rebin5EB7 

I doubt ost of the examples you gave will ever end up in Lr. Making eyes bigger, and many other effects are better served in a pixel editor like Photoshop.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know if this is implemented. It's such a pain to have to put 3-4 adjustments EVERY time I want to enhance irises or things like that. Why can't I just create a preset (like in LR Classic)? I don't mind if it doesn't sync, although that would be great. But at least let me create, import and export brushes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to install brush presets. I've read all the tutorials but there's nothing for this LR version 5.3. They say first you have to go to "preferences", then select the "presets" tab - I do no not have this tab. If this tab exists, I do not know how to add the presets either. Please help 🙏🏼

super frustrated, and thanks for your help Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 6.42.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 6.42.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 6.43.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. This topic can be confusing. Let me clarify this for you.

Adobe Lightroom (v5.3) currently does not support Brush presets. The tutorials or guides you are referring to for help are pointing towards Adobe Lightroom Classic, which supports Brush presets, also called 'Local Adjustment Presets.'

Please check this article to learn more about the difference between Adobe Lightroom (Cloud) & Lightroom Classic (Which stores everything locally on the computer): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-feature-comparison.html

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is astonishing how this feature was requested in 2017 and I am still having the issue in 2022!!! The ability to adjust and create and save custom brush presets is an absolutely necessary feature for many photographers and I don't understand why it wasn't included in Lightroom CC when it has been a staple feature in Lightroom Classic for a long time. Can we please get an update as to when this feature will be available @Rikk Flohr: Photography ? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! 

I'm a photographer, and I use the cloud-based version of Adobe Lightroom to edit every single one of my photos. I really love how easy it is to navigate, especially when I am working against a tight deadline.

Nearly all of my photos require touch ups using the "Brush" tool. I think a feature that Adobe should add is the ability to create your own brush presets to use while editing, rather than moving the sliders over and over again for each photo. I know that Adobe Lightroom Classic has this feature, but I would really like to see it in the cloud-based version of Lightroom as this is where I primarily edit. 

I am sure many others would benefit from this update as well! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@isabella.n yes I 100% agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to use my saved brushes on desktop in the mobile versions of LR. Does anyone know if this is an upcoming feature? 

[Mod: Moved to the appropriate forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been five years since the cloud-based ecosystem of Lightroom entered Adobe, and we still have yet to see Local Adjustment Presets—what used to be called Brush Presets in Lr Classic. Is it possible to add a presets section to the Masking (Local Adjustments) area within Lightroom CC, the cloud-based version? Please note that I am explicitly referring to the masking, local adjustments, and brush section. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom why cant you add brush presets to this version of lightroom,  Will this feature be added to the cloudbase software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im frusterated because I purchased a set of presets that included brush presets and am now being told that I can not download the brush ones. I have wasted my morning trying to figure out how to do it just to find out it isnt supported in lightroom desktop. Im just confused... idk if I should get lightroom classic or if I even can on my macbook and im not happy that im paying for a software without the full capabilities. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else really hoping that we'll get the feature to import our saved brushes into lightroom mobile/cloud based? I'm primarily a LrC user on desktop but I would be over the moon to be able to save my brushes and use them on the ip

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure it's been suggested before but I would love to be able to use my LR Classic brush presets in Lightroom on my iPad with the Apple Pencil! 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was only today years old when I discovered that LR CC or desktop has no feature allowing me to import local adjustment presets! Please add this Mrs Adobe becasue now I am left wondering why I switched from classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe all these years later and this STILL hasn't been added!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need to be able to add our brushes that have been purchased. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR 7.1.2 with Windows 11. I have brushes and gradients that I was able to use in LRC but have not figured out how, or if, I can use them in LR (cloud).  They are files with the extension .lrtemplate.  How do I do thins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom v7 does not have a function to use Local Adjustment Brush Presets, and you will not be able to use the .lrtemplate files.

COMPARE LIGHTROOM & LIGHTROOM-CLASSIC FEATURES

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am told that the brushes and gradient tools that I use in LR Classic, do not work in LR Cloud.  These are .lrtemplate files. Can this feature be made available?

Votes

Translate

Translate