• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Assign People tags to pictures that were missed

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the indexing has been completed and Lightroom CC has found all the potential faces, it would be nice to have the ability to add People Tags to pictures that were "missed" where no faces were recognized.  The idea of People Tags is to be able to search for people and generate all potential results.  Right now it's messy because you have to resort to keyword tags to identify people that were missed with facial recognition and makes searching and cataloging a tedious task.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Just to wade in here to support Rikk and Victoria -- I am a Product Manager on the Lightroom team.  We work with Rikk to review this forum including feature requests.  We definitely hear you that we can make improvements both in the face detection tech as well as supporting manual face selection.  We do use the feedback and votes to help determine our priorities, so please know that you are being listened to.  

Additionally, I guess when we migrated forum data, we ended up marking some feature

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 172 Replies 172
172 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Investigating?  Did someone lose the source code, or lose their way back from the washroom?  What is there to investigate.  Manual face selection is a rectangular box.  Comeone, be honest with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first priority should be MOVE THE PRODUCT FORWARD NEVER BACK.  It's like getting new version of microsoft Work without spell checking.  How would you like you next car without seat belts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1.  Hire competent Product Management.  Step 2. Look at your own legacy products.  Step 3.  Compare.  Step 4.  Replace missing features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@parato sorry to hear you've had a rough time with your migration. If we can help, please feel free to start a new thread. I should, however, just clarify that the cloud-based ecosystem is not designed to be a replacement for Lightroom Classic. It's a different program with a different target audience. This is a very good feature request for enhancement of the current feature set, but they haven't "removed" any features. Lightroom Classic still has the features it's always had, and continues to be developed as a separate product. If you're missing specific features from your old workflow, then Lightroom Classic is probably still the best choice for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news here? I have a lot of people in my database, for me it would already be a huge help if I could selected unnamed / recognized persons and give them a name in the info of a single photo.

Down where all recognized persons are listed. Just allow us to tap and name them.

This would help with.
A: That I'm not going to find this person ever on my own in the large/complete unnamed persons list.

B: I could unclutter multiple persons LR thinks are the same by naming them per picture and not per group (as this is impossible, its different people in one group, I can never say that its "this person" because its multiple persons..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to see this feature. I would like to be able to manually tag a person, even if their back is to the camera, etc., so I can find them later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peter-b 

Any updates? It has been six months since you were going to "investigate".

Again a reminder, stop letting perfect be the enemy of good. drop the fricking AI, and allow for manual tagging.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No updates here on this feature request.  Agree with you Tim that AI is best when supplemented with user interaction.  

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the timelines for this feature to be reviewed? Please give us a roadmap or let us know that ther isn't one if that's the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are effectively implying that Adobe Lightroom product roadmap is being decided by engineers who think that they know more than their customers. (e.g. what I call the Apple attitude)

I state it this way because the Feb 2022 release includes the following functions:

• Intersect Mask: I cannot find a single request for this feature in the forums. It only shows up in discussion on usage.
  • Export from a specific version: No references in online forums.
  • Export using short side for maxium dimmension: No request found, work around existed (do the math and use the long side).

That is just an example. When you go back and look at what is in the releases, and you watch this forum. There is very to little to no correlation that I can find. Especially, when you consider I came from Classic which I used for close to a decade and that team actually addressed many customer issues, not all, but some. Here I see little to no progress on actually addressing customer comments; especially on core functions which are required to make the product actually useful.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2022. No update, no resolution. i spent 180 mins on the phone with tech support, 90 of which was just trying to have them understand the issue.

Since posting this a year ago, i had a strange thing happen. Somehow my most recognized "tagged" person (in People) disappeared. It may be that I accidentally deleted it (I hesitate to call what I deleted the "tag" because if you're reading this you know that Tags are different from People "tags".  So 1,000 photos are no longer showing under that person in People. They aren't lost but they no longer have the face square that would allow me to manually recategorize them. It didn't just delete the "tag" it deleted the square around the person.

Fortunately, i had copied all the people into a collection so I have a makeshift "backup" of the People "tag".

I tried disabling People View, waiting 24 hrs, and re-enabling it in the hope that the adobe cloud engine would re-evaluate all the pictures and at least identify 1,000 photos (or hundreds) with no named people which are the same. I did get some back but 95% are still un"tagged" and without a square around what are clearly faces.

Can someone @adobe at least validate this issue which is going on 4 years on this thread alone???? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the face recognition feature to organize family photos and it works fairly well when the face is in view. Obviously when the face is partially obscured or turned away, it has no chance. Is it possible to manually identify the people or person in the shot?

Example: my niece is chasing a ball across the yard. Where she's facing me and holding the ball in triumph, she's identified, tagged and this picture shows in her stack in the people view. When she's jumping up after the ball (facing partially away from me with her arm blocking her face), she's not and no feasible improvements Adobe makes to the Sensi recognition will help!

Clearly one solution is to create an album named for her, add these problem shots to it and all the photos automatically added to her stack but this seems redundant & cumbersome. Is there a better way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vitor,

Thanks for the feedback.

Manual tagging of faces that were not auto-detected by Adobe Sensei is currently not available as a feature.

Please feel free to case an upvote in this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-assign-people-tags-to-picture...

Thanks!

Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent hours trying to figure out how to add People tags that were missed and finally found this thread.  I find it insane that this is not a feature since a) apparently it was easy in Lightroom Classic;  b)  it's extremely easy in a simple program like Apple Photos.   I had made the decision to migrate all photos to Lightroom (cloud) because I love the interface, but this is a big deterrent of that.  I realize I can use Keywords, but who wants to have to go back and keyword every picture with the person's name?  For $9.99/mo, I would expect this would be a no brainer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you upvote the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple "Rescan for faces" to apply face recognition again on selected picture(s) and "Add faces" to click on the missed ones would be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is truly crazy that this isn't an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peter-b 

Any chance for a follow up since we have beat up on the others here?

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Version 5.5

Various platforms including Windows and IOS

10,000 + photo's

For about 95% of my photo's the facial recognition works and small faces are shown with no name which I am then able to fill in.

For an annoying 5% it doesn't and there is no way I can find, on a particular photo, to get facial recognition to work.

About 12 years ago using Google Picasa it was possible to draw a square around someone's face and then add a name to it.  Could something along these lines be added to Lightroom?

Here is a photo for which Lightroom can identify no faces

https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/f39802f677754feba5910000e8de59ac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you upvote this consolidated issue.

Adobe somewhat appears to listen to customers. But some items seem to always be ignored...

Maybe @peter-b  or someone else from Adobe can step in and explain...

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But don’t know how the forum works. I’ll just hope someone from Adobe follows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the point of having a photo organiser program without the ability to tag people?? When will this be fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - are you going to fix this or prefer to give people the runaround trying to work it out??
As eople dont accept that this program CAN"T manually tag people so they continually waste there time and support wastes their time on a solution that is NOT there!

Putting a name as a keyword IS NOT a solution Adobe!! 
Not if you want to market this program as a photo organising app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be at the top of the list of features to include in the next update. You can't just offer up a machine learning feature without the user being able to override. Machine learning by its nature will always be imperfect! Please, Adobe, let us tag faces manually!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sure to upvote the idea. It will eventually get more attention from Adobe (we hope)

Votes

Translate

Translate