• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Batch Rating, Flagging and Keywords

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the desktop version of Lightroom CC I (and many other photographers I know) use batch rating and flagging to select a large amount of keepers or reject photos I might later want to delete. This works by selecting multiple images and than pressing the corresponding number (0-5) to star, p to pick, x to reject and u to unflag. As the promise of the iPad was to be a professional working device it would immensely speed up my workflow. I don't think this would require any change in the UI (because most of us use Lightroom with a keyboard), although adding a star bar and flags would make it easy for the touch users as well.

Batch keywording and metadata editing would help with the organization of the photos and one could easily correct a time delay if the camera wasn't set up properly. This would definitely need new buttons in the UI, but I think it's worth it in the long run.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I want this too. It sucks that this isn't implemented already. I've been subscribed to Lightroom for almost 2 years now, and nothing has functionally changed on iPad. Still this, and still the marked popup midphoto, instead of on the bottom or side. Often blocking someones eyes, so slowing down my workflow because I can't judge a photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a good new feature in the mobile version ... along with the need to auto advance when rating or flagging a photo.

For it to be useful with keywords though, it'd need to sync keywords with Lightroom Classic which it currently doesn't do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to multi select pictures and then add/update keywords.  I currently have to add/update one picture at a time.  Given I have 10s of thousands of pictures, this is not going to happen.

I'm assuming I can do this on the desktop app, but part of the reason for the cloud was so that I could manage my library without having to be sitting at the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct you can only set keywords multiple images at a time in the desktop app. Adobe should provide an interface to do this multiple images at a time also in the mobile versions. It is not there right now that I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for Adobe to add the ability to keyword multiple images in Lightroom Mobile, be aware that you can do this using the LrWeb interface in your browser on the iPad (or phone). The biggest challenge is easily selecting multiple images, though that is easy enough if you have an attached keyboard on your iPad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iPad it is still not possible to mark a selection of photos as wanted/unwanted, or rate a batch. 

I could almost do my entire workflow on iPad, but this super simple feature is preventing me to do it.

This feature has been asked for since quite a while (also by me), but while I pay a lot for Lightroom each year, this basic feature still isn't there.

Please give me the ability to mark a selection of photos as wanted/unwanted, or rate a selection of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we seriously the only ones missing this basic feature? I love editing on my iPad because of the Apple Pencil, but because of this I can't do my entire workflow on iPad. Adobe is constantly pushing annoying useless emails about whatever new tutorial they've created, but improving the basic functionality of Lightroom Mobile seems to be too far fetched. I can't get in contact with Adobe in any other way, so there is only hope anyone ever reads this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to copy and paste keywords is available on mobile, however it seems to only work when a single photo is maximized, which kind of defeats the purpose of copy and pasting. When selecting multiple images in grid view, the option to paste is not available, seemingly because it only works for pasting edits and not keywords. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would save a huge amount of time if users could select photos in Lr Mobile (iPadOS) and add keywords to ALL of the photos at once, rather than having to copy them, then paste, paste, paste.

I am travelling. When I have down time from photography and travelling, I work on editing photos, which includes adding keywords. It is incredibly unproductive to copy and paste, compared to adding keywords to a group of photos; for example to a set of photos in an album.

There are many features that could be added to improve the capability of LrM; this is one that would really increase our productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same goes for the Android version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Lightroom Mobile (Android) it's not possible to add the same keyword to a selected batch of pictures at once. This is possible already for titles, captions and the star rating (see attached screenshot).

Keywords would be a great addition, as it's possible to filter by keywords within an album (not so for titles and captions). Any possibility to implement that? Would help my workflow tremendously.

It was mentioned already in this thread, but it was mainly about titles, captions etc: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-lrm-allow-application-of-meta...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the iPad, I'd like the ability to assign star ratings and keywords to all of the pictures in a given gallery. I use star ratings and keywords to help organize my pictures, but I have to assign them individually to each picture on the iPad. That's very inefficient; I want the ability to select all the pictures in a gallery and assign those globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to learn the trick of moving to the web interface for keyword application from @Jim Wilde, but still really missing the reject/select flag ability on any mobile accessible interface. Particularly as they're often the devices images get imported on (either via native camera or card import on the go), it's a particularly useful place to be able to do initial selects and rejects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've started to use Lightroom on iPad Pro after using classic for many years and I would like to sort and tag my photos, but the current method I have found is slow and clunky.

i would like to

- multiple select photos then apply a tag; and/or

- be prompted to tag a photo from the existing catalogue of tags I've previously used

At the moment, I have to re write the tag for each and every photo.

Lightroom v9.2.1

iOS 17.4.1

iPad pro 3rd gen

thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate