• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Delete multiple presets in Lightroom Mobile

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a misconfiguration where LR CC was re-importing a set of presets every time it started, and now I have 600+ duplicated presets in my Lightroom CC.

I managed to find the folder on my mac to delete them, which worked great for clearing out my Lightroom CC Desktop, but those changes haven't synced to the mobile version, which still has them all. The presets don't seem to sync, and there doesn't seem to be a way to delete them other than one at a time.

Right now I have no user presets under 'yours' on Desktop, but 3 groups with one with 624 on my phone and iPad.

I just want to know if there's a way to just wipe out all user added presets so I can start from scratch. The only solution I've seen was from a few years ago which was delete the entire LR CC library.

Even if I can just figure out why my desktop CC and mobile presets aren't syncing that'd be a huge help.  I've already tried deleting the ios and ipados apps and re-installed them.  They are all logged in with the same user ID and the images and edits sync just fine.  Both desktop and mobile apps all show 'synced and backed up'.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Arcterex 

If you sign into your same account at lightroom.adobe.com, do you still see the deleted presets there too?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Charlie.D  - they are there.

I spoke to support, and it seems like the reason for the sync issues is that when I deleted the files in cr_settings, the presets were already synced to lightroom web/mobile, so they live there and the state of them being deleted on the desktop doesn't sync.  I guess this also explains why newly added/deleted presets sync properly between web/mobile/desktop.

Support also said that there is basically no way to delete the 600+ presets from web/mobile without doing it one by one, which I still think is absurd (other than by cancelling and recreating my account).  Being that you're an employee, hopefully you know some secret way of doing it, or can go in by hand and mess with my account, or something.

If not, where would one put in a formal request of some sort for a feature addition?

I'm going to see if I can find some sort of clicking automation software that I can simulate a click preset -> click delete -> pause -> click confirm -> pause, click -> click delete -> etc and leave that running for a while, as that might be the only option other than doing this a few at a time for the next month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I know of no other way than deleting one-by-one as you say.  Your note requesting a means for batch-housingkeeping is worth considering for the future, especially as more user accounts grow to have many, many presets like yours.  Thanks for this feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointing, but I guess that's the correct answer 😞 I anxiously await my feature request to be released 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know there are ways to batch delete user presets and profiles through the desktop apps, but other than manually deleting them one-by-one, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this in the mobile apps (speaking specifically of iOS and iPadOS). I also looked at the web app, and wasn't able to find this functionality there either.

I thought perhaps there might be a way to do a complete reset (delete the library and all user-added presets and profiles), but I didn't find anything like that either.

I own an iPhone and an iPad Pro (no desktop computer). Would be handy to have the above functionality in the mobile apps instead of being limited to just the desktop versions. Also, the ability to upload user presets to the mobile app seems long overdue, but this makes sense if Adobe wants to prioritize its Premium preset collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate