• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: eliminate need to tab to enter additional keywords.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I want to suggest to improve the tagging feature in Lightroom Mobile and CC. desktop.

Currently on the iPad, after entering each tag, the on screen keyboard fades away and you have to tab the text bar again for enter a new tag. Very disruptive if you want to add a bunch of tags and not really usable. 
In Lightroom CC it's slightly better as the cursor stays in the text field. But there is that weird animation where a tag is faded in and when the animation is running you can't type in another tag. This tricked me couple of times and I mistakenly went into editing mode or so because Lightroom assumed the key I pressed was a hotkey rather than the beginning of a new tag. Also very disruptive and not very convenient. 

My suggestion:

1. Fix the problems outlined above. Would at least enable basic tagging functionality without annoying disruptions.

2. Allow the user to enter multiple tags at a time without pressing enter in between, separated by comma for instance. 

3. While typing a tag, auto-complete the word in the text field if the tag is already existing. For instance if the tag "bird" exists and I start typing "bi", just suggest "bird" right away. Allow the user to accept hitting enter or - if you add the functionality of point 2 - also by hitting the tag separator.

4. The photos are cloud analyzed either way by Sensei. Sensei is also internally tagging them for search functionality as I heard. Why is it not possible to let Sensei suggest tags that you then accept or reject? This can even be done on Apple devices offline utilizing their ML capabilities, just as the photos app does. 

Hope you find it valuable feedback, let me know in case of questions!

Kind regards,

Julian

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, just realized I wasn't very specific. When I refer to Lightroom CC I mean the Mac app.

Votes

Translate

Translate