• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Folder and album sort order in MacOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see the option in Lr MacOS, to sort folders and Albums in the opposite Alphabetical order. On the iPad and iPhone this is possible, but not on the Mac! I am using Lr for many years now. I always create a new folder every year. The list gets longer and longer and I want 2022 and next year 2023 at the top instead of at the bottom. This is not possible in MacOS. I am sure this request has been asked before, but I can't find it in the community suggestion. This seems like an easy request it introduce as it already exists for iPad and iPhone, so, please add this for thr desktop version.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. I never noticed you couldn't change the sort order in the Desktop app! Sort of weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On iOS you can order Albums A-Z or Z-A which is wonderful. Oddly on macOS you can only order from A-Z but not Z-A.

Like many, I start each Album with a date since otherwise I'd have no way of having all the albums order based on date and distinguish albums with the same name but on different days.

The problem is with A-Z it will have the lower numers first. But if such as a list of years it would show as:

Aka all the old albums in large collections would be at the top rather than the bottom. Again on iOS easily solved by simply letting you change to Z-A but not on macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate