• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphical & Image Based Watermarks on images

Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When outputting any image from Lightroom mobile directly to any service, the image needs to have, at minimum, a © NAME simple watermark placed upon it. I don't think we need full functionality of the Watermark editor in Lightroom desktop but we do need the minimum functionality of the Simple Watermark in Lightroom's Export dialog. Until there is a way to mark an image, why would anyone consider using LR mobile to post anywhere?

NOTE: The original post was a request for a simple, text based watermark which has been implemented. This thread will continue to be the place to vote for image based watermarks. 

Edit: 1/21/2020  - This thread has been changed to represent all three of the Lightroom Ecosystem Clients (Desktop, Web, and Mobile) 

Edit: 5/15/2020 - This thread has been updated to include information on new functionalities. Please see the official post below. 

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Current Status (10/2020)

• Desktop - Text & graphic watermark
  • iOS (iPhone/iPad) - Text & graphic watermark
  • Android - Text & graphic watermark
  • Web (on export) - Text and Graphic - Planned
  • Web (when viewing) - Text and Graphic - Under Consideration
  • Sync watermarks between Lightroom Ecosystem Clients: Text & graphic watermark

This thread will remained in "Planned" status until the remaining clients complete their work on Graphic watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 252 Replies 252
252 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the option for easily adding watermarks to our images export from Lightroom Mobile. Sending out images immediately from a Mobile application is the benefit of mobile for goodness sakes. Not having this options seems to me the application is virtually useless. At least for me it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the ability to add a copyright watermark or at least a name it's not really usable by professional photographers and I would imagine most enthusiasts would want to protect their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually the "full" functionality is required to a certain degree for corporate identity reasons. I won't publish images without he logo known to many of my followers.
The app is quite useless now for me. I can't use it to edit meta data, I can't use it to export and share, I won't use it (due to iPad's limitations in terms of usability) to edit images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered the syncing collection feature with LR 6. I was thrilled as it seemed a great way of offering a preview to clients through the private website link AND have them hot sync their choices to me remotely. The selection process with clients is always a hassle and a way of streamlining it would be seriously helpful to my workflow and business. HOWEVER, I MUST have the option of having my watermark on the images. While I have clients whom I trust not to download and post unedited images, I have many that I don't trust.

Honestly, I really do not care at this point about LR mobile. Its really not a part of my workflow. Thus, I had never discovered this private web link and hotsyncing functionality. I shared my info in a photographer discussion group and they were unfamiliar with it too. THIS is a VERY important feature for pro photographers. Honestly when I stumbled across it, it was the first thing in LR 6 that excited me. PLEASE add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile needs to provide a way to add a water mark when sharing to social networks. I currently must save the picture to a file on my mobile device then use a separate App to add the watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like the watermark or a metadata display with the photo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent 3 days reorganizing my entire photo collection to use with Lightroom Mobile so I can start sharing out my work while on the go, only to find out there is no watermark option.
Why would Adobe send us to an outside app like ArtStudio to do what can easily be done in their app? I just don't get it, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a feature that should be in the Lightroom Mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The silence from Adobe on this is very telling. This is a critical feature that would go leaps and bounds in making the UX in the mobile app something that is worthwhile.

Currently, for my quick shots that I post from social media (behind-the-scenes stuff from shoots), I have to do light edits in the app, save the image and then pull into another app to add a watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can't do it one step through the program I am editing in, then it ain't happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, I will just use LR Mobile for mobile portfolios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Why don't you add a "watermark" option on Lightroom Mobile? It would be really needed when posting images from Lightroom mobile to social network. At the moment I'm forced to save the image into the camera roll, then open another app (there's even the direct "open in" into lightroom for watermark apps) to watermark it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh, get on this Adobe. Add watermarking functionality ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This is typical of Adobe though, if you follow their development tendencies. They throw up gads of software, but they neither update nor develop most of it (Edge Animate comes immediately to mind). I suppose I should thank them for re-releasing the Color app on Android and not forcing me to buy an iOS device (unless I want to use Comp). Most of their Android apps are notably crippled though. I guess they are short on developers...at Adobe... -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W.T.H.

Watermark should be something shared accross all CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree watermark capability should be available in Lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export->watermark->reimport->add to collection to sync to mobile->switch to mobile->post on instagram...what a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go here

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

and register your support for the implementation of this idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian - the thread there is over four years old - it is apparent that Adobe does not give two shakes about what in the heck their users want. Time to start looking for a new DI processing software.

All I am looking for is a way to watermark images from LR Mobile...pretty simple, basic user, protect my brand request that continues to be ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, withholding a watermark feature in your mobile implementations is stupid. Get with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love everything about Lightroom mobile accept not having access to copyright and watermark options. It would really increase productivity if I could quickly add both of these and then upload my images to social media sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just took the time to figure out how to sync a folder with images from my desktop to my iOS..... to use in Instagram specifically (and by default also FaceBook), only to find that there is no way to add even the simple ©NAME watermark. How utterly stupid is that! Please Adobe, get with this. Professional Photographer program which excludes a vital need for us? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you not have the Watermark functionality on Lightroom Mobile?

That's like driving a car with no gas?

This is where i stopped using lightroom mobile, when i edited some photos then found out that i cannot watermark my photos before uploading them and for me as a photographer, that now a days is the most important thing about uploading to the web, to protect (as much as possible) our work...
After all, is that not what Adobe was trying to do, give us a way to quickly upload to the web instead of having to go all the way home to do that?

Come on Adobe, Integrate this necessity for why you created this in the first place, add he watermark functionality because that is the "ONLY REASON" I've stopped using it in the first place since you came out with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile is becoming a valued part of my workflow. During import on desktop Lightroom, I automatically add the new photos to a new collection so I can work on reviewing and rating while on the go.

This week I decided to try lettering a client review photos from the Lightroom, which is the first time that I've made a collection "public." I'm glad that I did find how to turn off the ability to download, but it wasn't in a convenient place, and I had to go to the Lightroom web page to access this function. It should be in Lightroom desktop.

I was also disappointed that I didn't have any way to add a copyright or watermark to these images. Of course one of the first things my client asked was if he could post some of these to social media. I told him to leave a comment on the ones he wanted and I would send them to him with my watermark.

Until Adobe adds some kind of watermark or copyright notice function, I am not comfortable using Lightroom Mobile with my clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this one of the most important features to have on mobile and I would rather do everything in one place, please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate