• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map view/module - Ability to geotag photos

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably at the low end of the prosumer category when it comes to photography. I've been using Lightroom for a couple of years. I love the multiple platform feature on the new CC, but geotagging images has always been important for me (enough so that onboard GPS is a mandatory feature when I look for a camera). I had been adding locations to older images in what's now CC Classic. 

Are we going to get that ability in the new CC? 

Even more importantly, will the new AI-based search allow us to do things like pull pictures based on location? And, if so, will we be able to do things like define a radius? This was all possible when we had the maps panel, but seems to be challenging now.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Update: GPS field is now editable as of LrD 5.0. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 199 Replies 199
199 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can pls add geotagging module to the Lightroom Mobile? I'd like to start with iPad only workflow in LR when traveling but it lack this feature (esp. when shooting in RAW using mirrorless camera without GPS module). Would be grat to add location manualy or from recroded track. 

Kind regards, Aleksander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I am wanting as well, being able to take only my iPad and backup my photos and add the GPS coridnates via a GPX track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit strange how long this is taking to implement, Been waiting for about 6 years ha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So still no map module introduced in Lightroom in the April update, starting to feel like it will never come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly frustrating. Anyone come up with an alternative? I just want to travel with my iPad. Import / geotag photos. Why is this so damn hard for adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paradoxe is that you can filter by location with metadata. It means that the information is known, just have to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please implement the map module on the cloud version, the version in classic works really well now and it would be fantastic to have that step of the of the workflow avialable on iOS. It is really painful to delay publishing images until I'm back at a laptop with the full version just to geocode. Pretty much the rest of the workflow can be done on the cloud version now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update here adobe?? If its been worked on for so long, whats the hold up? This is a crucial step in my workflow and its very frustrating to have continued releases with out it being in there...Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 1.56.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The is no map module available in Lightroom on mobile devices nor web app. Even worse, location information is hidden: location is only visible when eporting that image and opening it in another app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas tardes,

Con el fin de facilitar la ubicación de lugar de la toma utilizando dispositivos móviles IOS o ANDROID y como ya es posible en las aplicaciones de escritorio y web, ¿es posible añadir la visualización y geolocalización sobre un mapa del punto de la toma en IOS y ANDROID?

Gracias por anticipado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a similar answer off a rep, seems to be taking so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A MAP VIEW of the pictures is another must-have, like the iOS map view of photos.

If Apple can do it on the iphone and ipad, if Google can do it on their Google Photos, surely @Adobe Lightroom team you are expert enough to do it as well 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* Adobe is already doing it on desktop 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know if it now exists on desktop.
@Antoine HLMN you're talking about the desktop version of LR CC, correct ?

Hopefully this gets deployed to the iPad version shortly, then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mathieud65778067 Yes 😉

The "CC" name doesn't exist anymore. It's either Lighroom "cloud" (on web, Mobile (iOS, Android, ...) and desktop) or Lightroom Classic (desktop only, but has some crippled cloud compatiblities). I don't know about LR cloud, but LR classic has this feature since forever. Apple Photos, Google Photos and virtually all other sofwares have this feature, and the location metadata are there. Not having this feature in 2023 in LR mobile makes absolutely no sense at all. It only shows that LR is not meant for serious photographers, despite what Adobe claims.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Antoine HLMN I agree with you. We need it on LR cloud. And it's really suprising not to have it yet. Like other basic features: Search AND/OR/NOT, Smart albums....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mathieud65778067 agreed! [off topic:] Or even worse: The search feature ignores album (or folder, depen) names. So try searching for that "Trip to Venice" or "Wedding Mr. Tartempion" or "Add campaign for Cola Coca". Not pro at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !

It would be great to add a world map that would allow you to see where photos were taken. This would allow Lightroom to be not only a photo editing tool but also a photo browsing tool. As a travel photographer, this would make it easy for users to see where their photos were taken, which could be helpful for reminiscing about past trips or for planning future travels.

Here are some specific ideas for how a world map could be implemented in Lightroom:

• The map could be displayed in the Library module, next to the photo grid.
  • The map could be interactive, allowing users to click on locations to view the photos that were taken there.
  • The map could be filtered by date or location, so that users could see only photos taken in a specific time period or place.

I think this feature would be a valuable addition to Lightroom, and it would make the app even more useful for photographers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's lovely that content-aware fill has been added, and other highly-complex features. But why can't we have the basics of a photo app after years of asking?

- search that processes not just clever AI image recognition but just the name of an album, which despite being the primary way most users categorise photos is completely ignored by this 'super smart' search 

- the ability to change the time of photos. In an era of multiple cameras and pictures downloaded from WhatsApp all with wrong timestamps, why can't we do something as simple as resetting the time of a photo in most versions of the app? 
- better geotagging? I seem to remember this was pretty good in the old version of Lightroom. Why can't we just have that again? Google Maps integration would be so much better than the free API currently in use. I guess it costs Adobe money, but then we do give them a lot... 

Please just focus on finishing basics like these rather than adding nice-to-have but non-essential features. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"why can't we have the basics of a photo app after years of asking?"
I fully agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the October update has just been released .... still no map module, I've all but given up on this product now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is just so damn frustrating. Adobe are actively avoiding. this... I completely agree with @AdobeWill , LR is missing basic photo app features that Adobe are refusing to implement after YEARS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really hoping the next update will include a map module.

Votes

Translate

Translate