• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Multiple Collaborative Catalogs/Libraries

Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to share a whole Catalog/Library of Albums with another Lightroom CC user, that also allows them to upload/edit/share (dependant on restrictions).

At the same time I would like other sets of Albums in another Catalog/Library from being included.

This was a great feature in Adobe Revel and would like to see, at least similar, in Lightroom Cloud (although can understand it may not sync well with Classic... but what does?!)

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I have a corporate portfolio of images in Lightroom CC. Would love to give access to my other designers to add image, edit, add tags, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be such a useful feature amongst our design team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the use for this. I have shared albums in Apple Photos that others can load images into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to be able to do this - to share my album with my wife.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually essential for anyone working with a shared photo library, like any design agency... Please add this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm looking for a way to share an album within our company.  Is there anyway within Adobe to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on what 'share' means in practice. If you only want all employees to be able to see the images (not edit them), then you can share the online album at https://lightroom.adobe.com and give them the URL.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that might work, but they couldn't necessarily add to them, right?  We run a video company and want to have a collection of behind the scenes photos that people can add to.  Any recommendations on the best way to figure that?  We would have people taking photos on their phones and an dedicated cameras, but want to compile it all in one place.  Right now I'm looking at something like a shared Google Photos folder, but was hoping Adobe would have an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In think that can be interesting to have the possibilities to share an album in Lightroom CC with another Lightroom user in order to share a project and work thoghether at the same images.

So the idea is to have the possibility to share album/collection with an email already registered with and adobe CC subscription.
Another option is to create different sharing rights
  • Viewer: Only view of the images;
  • Organizer: can change the label and the vote of the image
  • Editor: Can also use the image in develop modules
  • Owner: can add and remove from album
It can be interesting also for other people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to admin to include my suggestion to this post!

It can be interestinng that also free user can acces to some image and library/editing feature of some album shared from an subriber user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be a no-brainer for Adobe. Shared libraries = more Lightroom CC subscriptions. My team and clients alone will account for at least a dozen off the bat.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no a good idea to mix Family, Friends and Work related photos, a Top Catalog for each main category is a must.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really needed.  Makes it much easier to share files for print and allow the printer to edit and maintain edits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, when will this be released? We'd love to have some ability for distance team members to work on the same file remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife is a scrap booker and I do her photos.  It would be nice for her to be able to access our photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*commoose Apart from installing Lightroom on another computer, I believe you can have two seats, the other option is for her to create an Album and invite you to Edit:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html

It does meant you’ll have to create a free Adobe account though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes 100% I have a client with in Lighroom Cloud. They made this switch with the assumption that they would be able to either buy a team license for multiple archivist to utilize, or alternately be allowed to give editing permission to folders and albums. However, it seems that the sharing feature in Lightroom CC only allows sharing a link to VIEW the album, but not add to or edit the photos in the album. In fact there isn't even an option to DOWNLOAD what is in the shared album. I really don't understand these limitations in 2024. I have my own pro level account, so it is not as if Adobe is losing any money to allow users to collaborate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate