• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please give me a switch to turn off sync.

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take photos on my iPhone and I want to chose 1 to edit and then post where I chose.  I do not want to auto sync every photo I take with the app.  I have to put my phone in airplane mode to stop this process.  Otherwise my slow DSL upload is all clogged up by this app uploading everything I take.  Please give me a switch to disable the auto sync on the iphone.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
50 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what will happen if ones Adobe CC storage quotum has been reached? Will it stop syncing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no official storage limits quoted anywhere but some users have 100 of Gbs in the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's for Creative Cloud sync space Maarten. That's separate to the Lightroom Sync space, for which they haven't currently announced a limit (but I have 600GB up there right now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks! Didn't know that it was separate. I hoped that could be a work around to stop the syncing (and thus stop the misuse of valuable data-usage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they are AWARE of what the problem is.  Rikk's post above seems to indicate they don't   I can't imagine the designers would think not being able to turn sync off was a good idea.  I pretty much gave up on using Mobile a while back but still check any new updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is gruesome. I am currently traveling and only have access to very slow wifi. Not being able to switch off the auto-sync in Lightroom Mobile has rendered my iPad Pro almost useless. This should be a stop-everything-and-fix this priority for the Adobe Lightroom Mobile team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This should be a stop-everything-and-fix this priority" . 

Don't hold your breath. They have shown they are not interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> They have shown they are not interested.

To be fair, there's a big difference between "not interested" and "not yet considered the highest priority". They're not sat twiddling their thumbs purposely ignoring requests, but like everything in life, priority decisions have to be made.

(To be clear, I fully support the need for a pause sync button too- I run into the same issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're entitled to your opinion, and I mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are issues and functionalities that can easily get lost on a development team working in and around wireless connectivity performing at the gigabit-level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice app but should be able to stand alone with a wired sync to Lightroom desktop. It then becomes useful when in remote locations. Not everyone and everywhere has unlimited data access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User Luke:  Bingo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread a year later. LR Mobile 4.0 (and possibly earlier versions) has a "pause syncing" button that appears to do what the OP wanted.

Now all Adobe needs to do is allow syncing from Mobile to Desktop via Wi-Fi or USB without using the Cloud, and I will be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls add this feature. My mobile data volume was empty and my wife opened a Hotspot with her mobile phone, so that I could check my mails etc...

Previously I paused my Lightroom synch. But what happens? Lightroom is synching despite having paused the process. So all my wife's data volume is gone as well...... So next time she won't open a Hotspot unless I deinstall lightroom xD

How is it possible that the pictures are uploaded despite pausing the synch process? Pls fix this.

edit: I use the built in camera function from the lightroom mobile app with my Android phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to completely disable cloud sync of Lightroom mobile?
I dont want to allow uploading of any of my photos from my mobile device on Adobe cloud inside Adobe Lightroom.

I know there is a feature to temporarily pause syncing. But I want to comletely disable sync of photos to Adobe cloud from iOS device.
Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Request to Adobe:

Add feature to LR mobile for iOS that allows users to disable uploading photos to cloud.  I don't want my photos in cloud and prefer to backup all my work locally.  It appears that this is a fairly common request among LR users.  If I cannot disable LR mobile cloud backups, I will simply remove app from my phone.  LR might occassionaly be "convenient" but it is certainly not essential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is pausing the sync an option for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.  When LR sync to cloud can be permanently disabled, I will come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having thousands of photos upload every time I open the app when I only have to edit a few really slows me down. I now have to dig through thousands of photos just to find one because I can't reupload them either. Please make an option to disable instead of just pausing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Arianna29665986gahb go into settings and turn off Auto Import. Then only import the photos you want to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The moment I pointed a new install of Lightroom to a folder on my Mac, it started copying files to the Creative Cloud. This is definitely an undesired and unexpected behavior. There should be a File handling pref in Lightroom (like Photoshop) that allows one to turn off this at the app level. It's taken me over an hour to find this info out. Not the best new user experience. Photoshop also failed to install for some reason. I had to restart the computer and then it worked. The whole CC ecosystem approach is autocratic and somewhat poorly thought out. I can expect this from Microsoft, but not from Adobe. Make this option much easier and more transparent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<branched and moved from cc services >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Boo31511302zd3d It's not entirely clear what happened, but which version of Lightroom did you install? 

If you installed the cloud-based Lightroom desktop, that would be entirely expected behavior, since it's completely designed around storing photos in the cloud so they're accessible on all devices. If you'd prefer to store your photos on your computer, Lightroom Classic would be a better choice for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the Response Victoria. I finally figured this out yesterday. I had installed LR CC. The installer did not make the differences apparent and at one point only offered the Creative Cloud install. Finding info on LR classic on the website and the differences is not all that easy. Creative Cloud is pushed as the holy grail of solutions and for collaborative groups that may be true but not for all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate