• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Search by Metadata (similar to classic) for ISO, Shutter Speed, Focal Length, etc.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it would be really great if the Search facility could be improved to make it easier to see photos or counts of photos by metadata (ISO, Shutter Speed, Focal Length, etc.) much like Lightroom Classic.

Classic has a filter that lets you see this information easily:

davidn85353704_0-1719576380722.png

I understand that CC can filter by metadata, but its slow and cumbersome and does not include any counts:

davidn85353704_1-1719576506922.png

Even darktable has a great feature where you can see a small graph of the count of each value and you can select a range of values with a quick mouse click/drag:

davidn85353704_2-1719576624559.png

An a right click give a popup with counts and an instant filter:

davidn85353704_3-1719576675815.png

Why is this important?

One recent example was when I shot an even with my 24-120 f4 lens, but wasn't sure whether a 70-180 f2.8 would have been a better choice. This was a slow and tedious thing to work out in Lightroom CC, I had to select each Focal Lenght individually and add up the numbers on a piece of paper. I then pointed darktable at the same folder of images and literally dragged the mouse over the graph and had the count and all photos selected in 2 seconds. What darktable told me almost instantly was that a 70-180 would have been the better lens and that those shots below 70 could have been handled with my 24mm prime.

I guess my point is that as a beginner its really helpful to see this data and understand the results and it helps me choose the right lens, ISO, etc. based on the evidence is see from the photos I have taken

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?