Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Shared access - allow metadata editing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop version of the cloud based Lr

1. When sharing an album with all access rights to a friend (or vice versa), he can't mark or setting "stars". This fields are grayed out.

2. The LrC keywords aren't shared (or not delievered as readonly)

3. The so called "Beschriftung" in german, maybe it's translated as labeling, isn't avaiable

4. Organizing the shared albums in folders.

5. The text search is disabled

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Correct, it is still not possible for the guest/client to add ratings when viewing a shared album. That also applies to most metadata, they can only add "likes" or "comments" to the images in the shared album. There's definitely a feature request for that functionality already on this forum, suggest you add your upvote. The more votes, the more chance Adobe will implement it.

2. Correct, keywords do not sync between LrC and the cloud. That's been the case since cloud syncing was first introduced and Adobe have not shown any sign of a change of mind. That being said, it is possible to do a one-time, one-way transfer of LrC keywords to the cloud....see this blog post: https://www.danhartfordphoto.com/blog/2019/8/LR12-Sync-LR-Classic-Keywords-to-LR-Cloud

3. Again correct, labels are another thing that the cloud apps do not support.

4. Yes, we can only share one album at a time, we cannot share folders. Again, there's a feature request for that here on this forum, please add your upvote to that. Of limited value, there is the possibility to create and share a "Gallery" of selected albums via the LrWeb browser app. The value is limited as only one "Gallery" can be created and shared.

5. Again, that is indeed the case for shared albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I share an album with other users, they can only see my keywords but are not able to add their own keywords nor are they able to add a rating.

I would like to share my albums with other ppl for review and enable them to add their own keywords, hence suggest this as a new feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to find the feature requests you mentioned so we can upvote them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When I share an album with other users, they can only see my keywords but are not able to add their own keywords nor are they able to add a rating."

Are you sure they can see your keywords? I know they can if they have an Adobe subscription and they view the shared album in the Lightroom desktop or mobile apps, but I would think most shared album viewing is done through a web browser, and in that mode I'm not able to see the keywords. Are your other users using the web interface or one of the dedicated apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate