• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Searching keywords on locally stored photos

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use LrM to access my extensive collection of keyworded photos for species ID while in the field. The region I live in has very poor and often ZERO cellular service

I synced dozens of collections to my phone, only to find that, even with all the collections set to "store locally," I cannot search keywords unless online. 

The filter option is mind-numbingly useless since I have thousands of keywords and the filter doesn't let you narrow down the search, just scroll, scroll, scroll. 

I need to be able to quickly find a photo using keywords created in LrC, while offline in LrM.

Is there any hope for this? Or do I need to go back to exporting collections and using F-stop to EASILY find my photos?

Thanks

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic keywords are not synched to the cloud. When Lightroom desktop was launched, Adobe made it clear that it did not intend to add any new syncing features to Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Johan, for replying.

The keywords in my photos are written in the metadata. They are used by LrM to "filter" synced collections' photos when offline. So the app DOES have access to keywords I created in LrC & uses them, in a limited way.

Are you saying Adobe does not intend to ever expand local search of metadata beyond the current, limited, "filter"? 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said: keywords don't sync. Under certain circumstances they do upload one time however, so that is what you may see in some of your photos. Those circumstances are that you have written metadata to files (XMP) before you first sync the photo from Lightroom Classic to the cloud, and that you do not have a smart preview for that image in Lightroom Classic when you do so. This is one time only however. Any subsequent changes, like adding keywords or deleting keywords, will not update in Lightroom mobile.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I will have to revert publishing collections and using the very versatile F-Stop gallery app. 

I'm sorry LrM won't work for my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate