• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Dropbox and LR Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While LR cloud's interface is not directory based, is there some way to sync a Dropbox folder to a dedicated LR cloud album?  My wife doesn't have an adobe account and I would like to be able to combine our photos using LR cloud as a repository, but I need the ability to carve out the junk as new photos come in.  I was skeptical about the cloud version but am enjoying having access to everything from my iPad.

Being able to combine, control, and sync family members' photos from different devices within a cloud repository that links with a powerful editing app would combine the unified solution of classic with the mobile access of cloudy.  That would be a big missing piece that overcomes some reluctance to switch from classic to cloudy.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot integrate Lr and Dropbox or other cloud services.

If you wife is using a smart phone, just install Lr and have if automatically upload.

Otherwise, create a few shared albulms for her that she can access over the web; I think she can access them with Lr app on her phone even with no account but not positive since I have not tried it.

She can then upload the images to a single shared album you call import here. Then you can manage them and move them to the correct albums as you deem appropriate.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Tim. She doesn't have an Adobe account, so there is nowhere with sufficient room to automatically upload. But sharing an album with edit rights *might* be a workaround. I'll give it a shot and follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate