• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a copyright to metadata while making photographs with Lightroom mobile camera?

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add copyright information to metadata as I am making a photograph on my iPhone with the Lightroom mobile camera? I am NOT looking to create a watermark or to add information to photographs taken previously. I am hoping hat I can provide copyright information as the photograph is taken, by having defined that information previously.

I thought I had seen the option, but I can’t find it now.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JK10003,

Could you please take a look at this article https://lightroomkillertips.com/lightroom-tip-update-your-copyright-year/ and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry, Akash Sharma, I am looking to add this copyright information WHEN I TAKE THE PHOTOGRAPH, not after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the home screen, click the gear icon for settings.

In Settings, choose Import.

Toggle on the Switch for “Add Copyright,” and enter your details.

Screenshots here (sorry, they are in reverse order).

6B77A5D8-4EDE-437A-BD95-99144401505D.jpeg

7396E871-89CB-4CB3-BFA2-06DE15688D04.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Michael J. Hoffman.  This is much of the answer I was looking for. However, besides adding info when taking a picture, this will also add the info when importing a photograph. I sometimes import photographs made by other people, and I would have to make sure that I flipped the switch off, so as not to add my copyright info to their photographs.

I was hoping to find a way to add this info only when using the camera (like with my DSLR), but maybe that is not possible?

But thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines