• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does LR Classic make a copy of LR Mobile synced pictures?

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom mobile on my phone and Lightroom Classic on my desktop. I use the cloud to sync pictures taken on the phone only.   My cloud storage is full and I need to clear it.  Can anyone tell me whether or not Lightroom Classic stores an actual copy of the synched pictures?  They are visible in my Lightroom Classic catalog as "synced photographs".  When I search it appears as if they are being copied into a hard drive folder labeled "lightroom mobile" - but will this delete when I clear the cloud?  Ultimately, I don't really need to store pictures on the cloud, I just wanted it for transfer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos sync'd down from the cloud into LR Classic will remain untouched in your folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Lightroom Classic downloads the original image. By default it will be stored in a folder (a 'package' on the Mac) called 'Mobile downloads.lrdata', but you can change that to any normal folder you want. If you want to clear up online space, then what you can do is remove the image(s) from 'All Synced Photographs' in Lightroom Classic. All Synced Photographs is just a collection, so removing the images from there does not remove them from the catalog or from disk. It just stops the syncing and so the images are removed from the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines