• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

folders in library missing

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. When I import a folder of photos, the folder shows up in my desktop folders. After I import, the folder does not show in my desktop folders in my Library on my mac. In fact a lot of folders dont show up. 

So i went to all photos in catalog, found a photo and clicked on show folder.  The photos are going to my lightroom backup folder in my ext hard drive.  How do I get the photos to show in my library in the folder on my desktop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using Lightroom, or Lightroom Classic? You post in the Lightroom forum, but it sounds like you may be using Lightroom Classic. 

When you import images into Lightroom Classic, you get to choice if you want to simply add them to the catalog (which only adds a link) and leave them where they are, or copy them to a new location. You choose this at the top middle of the import dialog. It sounds like maybe you have chosen the latter, and chose your backup folder as that location. That is obviously not where they belong, even though they 'belong' where you decide they belong.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines