• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you manually tag faces in Lightroom CC?

Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to tag hundreds of unique people in tens of thousands of vintage photos (scans of slides, prints and negatives dating back to the 1800's). Lightroom CC is only picking up a handful of faces making it completely useless and unreliable for genealogy research.

I would like the ability to manually tag faces as is possible in Lightroom Classic by dragging a box over the face. Is there a way to do this and if not when will it be available? And in the mean time, will the "sync with lightroom cc" feature in Classic make tagged people show up in Lightroom CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this is possible. There is probably a thread at feedback.photoshop.com requesting it so add your voice there.

And in the mean time, will the "sync with lightroom cc" feature in Classic make tagged people show up in Lightroom CC?

No faces don't sync between Classic and CC.

If you are using CC for genealogy type stuff perhaps it is not the best suited as Lightroom is really geared towards raw development. You might consider something like Apple or Google Photos both of which have flexible face recognition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I pay for Lightroom because it's non-destructive and there is good control over metadata so historical information can be embedded in the image itself. The goal is to maintain an original quality archive of the scans for future preservation.

I looked at your suggestions.

Google photos has AI face detection but like the new Lightroom CC it doesn't accomodate manual tagging so it's not an option.
Apple Photos app (desktop version) does appear to allow manual tagging so I might cancel my Adobe subscription and use that instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.  To slowness with which LR CC is rolling out the features that it is missing from classic is too slow.  Meanwhile the competition is getting better.  I'm an inch away from moving to Apple Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines