• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import photos directly onto external hard drive

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This must be such an obvious question but am struggling! In the new version of Lightroom, I can't see how to change the end destination to my external hard drive rather than to my Mac's hard drive. I used to be able to change the destination on the right hand side of the screen in the old Lightroom, but can't see where that is now.... 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you aware that Lightroom (the 'new' Cloudy version) imports and 'Saves' all you photos to Cloud storage?

Lightroom v3.2.1 and all the 'mobile' apps work with the originals in the Cloud. 

Next- there is a Preference in Lightroom (Desktop) v3.2.1. that allows you to store a 'copy' of your originals locally, but Lr still works with the originals synced to the Cloud.

ScreenShot038.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines