• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Pro Import Workflow

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use an iPad Pro (2018 or 2021) for my sports photography workflow, which requires me to select and edit about 12-15 photos between each period of a hockey game, to send to the league. Those 12-15 pictures need to be selected from about 300-400 pictures on the card after each period. I only have about 12 minutes to do so. Every minutes counts.

With a MacBook, I use Photo Mechanic to quicly select pictures on the card, BEFORE importing them to Lightroom Classic. I also use a star rating during shooting to make this selection process even faster.

On an iPad Pro, Photo Mechanic doesn't exist so I have to use Lightroom Mobile to select and import. But if I want to see the star rating, I need to import all pictures (the Import screen does not show the star ratings) and this slows down the process a lot, since I really need to import between 20 and 25 pictures to finally select 10-12 of them in the end.

I'm really hoping for a way to filter photos on the Import screen, blocking out previous pictures (from previous games or periods), non-rated pictures, etc. Then, I could just import the pictures I need and speed up the process.

I'm hoping that with the new iPad Pro with the M1 chip, those features can be added to the iPad version of Lightroom. If not, what would be the ideal workflow?

Adding a default preset when importing, new export features, graphic watermark and other details in the recent verions really helped the workflow but there's still something to add to make it ideal, I think.

Christian Gingras
Québec QC, Canada
Sports / Events / Cities

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same here on android: an option to filter by star at import time would be greatly appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a pro sports photographer and I usually have to send a few photos before the half time and the match end and it can bem quite stressfull to shoot and select photos to import at the same time... its multitasking at its peak!

It would be just perfect to have star rating filter on the import panel.

It would be a life-saver!!!

Please, please, please, please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines