• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a difference between Lightroom & Photoshop Lightroom 5 ?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! 

I recently bought a new MacBook Pro and have noticed that my Photoshop Lightroom 5 has been very slow. I went on Creative Cloud but it seems that the application I have does not exist anymore, and so I can't update it. There is only "Adobe Lightroom" in which the icon is a square with rounded edges (while the one I have been using has squared edges). The app does look significantly different as well. 

I can't seem to understand which is the right one to use and if I can update the Lightroom 5 that I've been using for many years. My catalogs don't import onto the new (rounded edges) Lightroom. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you take out a creative cloud subscription there are two different plans: the "Photography Plan" and the "Lightroom Plan". 

The Photography Plan is probably the one you should be looking at, as it contains Lightroom Classic (which is the many times upgraded version of the LR5 that you were using, and is currently at version 10.1). It also contains Photoshop, Lightroom (the cloud-based version) and has a 20GB cloud storage space allowance. It also allows cloud syncing and use of the all the Lightroom Mobile apps.

The Lightroom Plan contains only the cloud-based version of Lightroom, plus 1TB of cloud space, plus cloud syncing and use of all the Lightroom Mobile apps.

So, if you're looking for the like-for-like replacement of LR5, you need the Photography Plan in order to get Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines