• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3.3 - Where are image changes tracked/stored?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the Classic version of Lightroom before, but am now using 3.3.

In Classic, all the edits I made to an image were saved (I believe) as part of the Catalog - making a backup in Classic stored all the image processing steps I made.

The new version, however, does not seem to have an option to make a manual or automatic backup. It seems as if it wants to back everyhting up automatically to my Adobe Cloud partition, but I don't have enough space on that volume for all my images. I'm also using Backblaze to make constant cloud backups anyway. 

QUESTION:  

How do I manually back up my Catalog and Libraries in Lightroom 3.3 to a Local hard drive in such a way that I can restore everything if I have a system crash? CAN I even do so, or must I rely on Adobe's service?

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Lightroom preferences there is an option you can choose to store a copy on a local hard drive. If you choose that option then you can designate a folder on your computer or on an external hard drive where those images can be saved. However, there is no option for you to create a backup of the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines