• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC stuck "Syncing 1 Photo" for hours

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just excitedly, potentially, foolishly migrated my Lightroom Classic library to the new Lightroom CC.

It's been powering along with the upload - my library isn't huge at 200gb, and the fibre has held up well.  The app is now stuck 'Syncing 1 Photo', and has been for hours.

Looking at network traffic in/out of my machine I can see there's nothing happening (unlike the 20mb/sec I've been seeing for most of the day).  So I don't think there is actually an upload happening.

Is there a way to debug and find out what single image is potentially stuck?  The new interface is very light on information.

Things I've tried...

• Restart Lightroom CC
  • Reboot

Running: Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra, v1 Lightroom CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hi Marek,

In grid view, please hold down the Option key (Mac) while clicking on the cloud icon in the upper right. This should show you which photos are still trying to sync. From here you would have the option to delete these and re-import them. Can you please try this step and confirm if this helped or not.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking this was the problem too. I'm having this problem but I can't find a way to view all the photos that want to sync so I can fix it. I have another person I consult with Lightroom and they are having a similar problem in LR Classic where the photos are stuck syncing. Mine is 14 and hers is 57 or so.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue (and have been for a while). When I option-click the cloud icon, it doesn't show anything. Can I send you guys my report to figure out which file is causing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, this is so frustrating. I wish I could just plug my iPhone into my MacBook Pro and import the photos to LR Classic just like I do from my SLR camera. When I plug the iPhone in, I see it as a device in LR Classic but no photos are detected even though there a bunch on the phone. Is there any way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

I gave the photos in question a "Title". but I presume changing the location etc. would also work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, despite giving my photos a title, all five are still stuck in ‘sync’ on my Windows 10 laptop.  Although my bandwidth is not the greatest (about 6.5mgb),  it is very strange because syncing is not a problem if I load them via my iPad Pro 9.7.  On the laptop I actually use an ethernet cable.  However, loading to the iPad is not a viable solution.  It is painfully slow, as it loads every photo on a large card before getting to the recent images that I actually want to view.  Not sure if there is a work around for that, so any suggestions welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I just added star rating as well as metadata (title) and restarted again.  The photos have synced albeit not super fast.  Phew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the suggestions seem to work for me - wondering if somebody from Adobe can help ?

Satish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i literally just subscribed to Lightroom and it won't even work. When i load it up all it says is Performing initial download under the cloud at the top right and has a constant blue ring loading. When i click on it, it says syncing photos but i have no pictures in the cloud.

I've tried all the tips in this thread and nothing has worked! Can someone please help me?

Starting to think I've wasted my money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. after syncing 19 000 pictures / videos it's stuck at "Syncing 2 photos". When I alt press the cloud icon I get only empty screen, it doesn't even show the "Oh no! A black hole." text as it does when you try to filter something that brings you 0 result. This is quite annoying since the process seems to leak some memory as well and I constantly have to reboot my PC.

What to do?? I just bought the subscription and I now feel that this is not actually production ready product yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomi,

Launch Lightroom CC and click on "Adobe Lightroom CC" and choose Preferences>account.

Hold down the Option/alt key on the keyboard. You will notice 2 options, "diagnostic log" and "Full Report".

Please click on "Full Report" and it will pop up a window to reveal in finder once complete.

I have sent you a private message on forums. Please share the full report on the email Id provided in the message.

PS: Make sure you capture the "Full Report" and not the "diagnostic log".

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got help to my problem via support. Had to run script built by the support team according to full report I sent to them. Seems that script manually canceled syncing for items that were stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautam, hello.  Having the same problem.  Have a perpetual "Synching 1 Photo" message and warning dialog when closing Adobe LR CC Classic (Not LR CC).

Have been on the phone with Support for ever (more than 3 hours) without being any closer to a solution.

Found this post while on hold.

Read the Adobe Support person the post and gave them your name.  Also explained that your post shows clearly that they need to review the System Report log file that I would send them and then create a script for me to run to solve the problem.  Not something they were able to do.

We have already deleted/recreated the Systems Preference file and the Synch Cache file (/Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata), which made no difference. 

Lots of links to articles that just go to the basics of synching, none of which have anything in them relevant to this issue, as they are all Sync 101 info, and we are clearly dealing with an advanced issue that requires review of log files and creation of an individualized script to clear the stuck file.

Guatam, wondering if you could send me a private message so that I could send you a "Full Report" from within Lighroom CC Classic, so that you can produce a script for me to run that would solve the problem as you did for the user "Norush" above?

Would need you to tell me how to generate the Full Report in LR CC Classic, as under Preferences/Lightroom Synch/(Option Key) you get two selection boxes that appear: [Generate Diagnostic Log] or [Rebuild Sync Data] (the later I am assuming does what we did by deleting the Sync.lrdata file and then reopening LR).  I do not see how to generate a Full Report, but sure there must be a key combination that would produce one.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I too am someone who, like many others on this thread, has just begun my trial subscription of the CC Classic desktop, considering moving from LR 6.  Frankly, stunned that the software is failing at this most basic aspect of its purpose - to seamlessly and effortlessly synch data between devices running Adobe CC LR.

Hope with your help there is a permanent solution to this problem.

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I fixed the issue on my own, thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having this same issue, and have already tried holding down the option key and clicking the cloud. Still synching one photo. I have downloaded the full report, but am not sure how to send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

I have sent you a private message on forums. Please share the full report on the email Id provided in the message.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, please advice how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johannes,

Launch Lightroom CC and click on "Adobe Lightroom CC" and choose Preferences>account.

Hold down the Option/alt key on the keyboard. You will notice 2 options, "diagnostic log" and "Full Report".

Please click on "Full Report" and it will pop up a window to reveal in finder once complete.

PS: Make sure you capture the "Full Report" and not the "diagnostic log".

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautam,

I am having same issue, 40 files continuously syncing but I have nothing in LR.  I have Full Report per instructions above I can provide, can I send it to you via private message?  Thanks!

Nikki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikki,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this exact same issue, and no solutions presented in this thread have helped me fix the "syncing 1 photo" stalling on Lightroom CC. Can you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam,

Same issue here. I'm downloading the full report.  Can you dm me?

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I option (mac) click and no photos show but it is stuck saying 3 photos to sync. Please help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Sent you a private message. Please respond to it.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines