Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom for iPad - Unable to sign in.

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have the iPad Pro 9.7in (first generation) and i cannot sign in to my account via adobe, apple, google or facebook. Both iPad OS 13.5 and Lightroom are the latest versions as of today, date of posting.

I have tried turning it off and on, deleting the app and reinstalling. What am I missing?
It fails to connect to Adobe so I'm assuming the other 3 connection types failed for a similar reason.

I've been using it for years and since a few weeks ago this happened to my iPad. I still have an active subscription and I can still use it on my iPhone.

Any advise would be great. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

This is my Public Service Announcement.

Problem solved.

Turns out the solution for me is to disconnect from my home Wifi, connect with mobile hotspot to Sign-in to Lightroom on my ipad, and continue to do everything else with my home Wifi.

Strange, but my Mac, Pc, iPhone can all Sign-in fine using my home wifi. And it is on private.

I worked this out myself which chatting with adobe's live chat on this link https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html (Thanks @Theresa_J for letting me know there's such a th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I realised the website "lightroom.adobe.com" cannot load on my ipad either.
I tried using safari, chrome and firefox. I'm not sure if it is related. "Adobe.com" loads fine. Internet speed is fine too.

Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there... Is there anyone in Adobe that can provide any support in this matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking in again, still waiting for a solution. Am I the only one globally having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check it again? I had the same problems yesterday because Adobe servers were down. See if it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I just gave it another try. All i can see when I select "continue with adobe/facebook/apple/google" is the rotating wheel and after a long wait it becomes "sorry, something went wrong". 

I'm starting to feel a need to be somewhat compensated for this. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling the app from your iPad. Then reinstall it from the App Store, and log back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that a few times too.  Uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart. Same results.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it's time to contact Adobe Support. You can chat with someone here. https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the link Theresa. I'm giving myself a facepalm for not realising there was live support chat... which is why I asked the question here. Anyway I found a workaround solution from chatting with the support staff. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my Public Service Announcement.

Problem solved.

Turns out the solution for me is to disconnect from my home Wifi, connect with mobile hotspot to Sign-in to Lightroom on my ipad, and continue to do everything else with my home Wifi.

Strange, but my Mac, Pc, iPhone can all Sign-in fine using my home wifi. And it is on private.

I worked this out myself which chatting with adobe's live chat on this link https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html (Thanks @Theresa_J for letting me know there's such a thing.) The technical reason given by the support staff, Robin via the chat reads as follows:

"It happens because of the Domain Name Server settings on the computer. If you are continuing to receive packet failures you may want to try an alternate DNS which is able to provide the proper real world IP addresses of the Adobe servers

So technically your systems use a bigger band width than the iPad and hence sometime it occurs while using the Portable devices like tablets and iPads."

Hopefully this helps someone else in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines