Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom freezing after upgrading my camera

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using Lightroom + my set of presets successfully for the past 3 years, working with my old Nikon d300s and never faced any performance issues.

This week I have upgraded to Sony A7 III. Unfortunately, when I import new RAWs to Lightroom and browse my list of presets it randomly freezes after few seconds and goes into "Not Responding" mode. Waiting for couple minutes doesn't help at all - it just stays frozen and have to restart. 

When I go back to working on my old pictures, it works as usual. Seems like something related to the RAW file size/quality.

My PC is pretty decent with 16 GB RAM and GeForce RTX 2070. Also have free disk space. I tried the common troubleshooting like switching off GPU support, increasing my cache size or moving it between my SSD/HDD. Didn't help at all.

Failed to find any solution on the internet. Please help - it is extremely irritating that I can't work on the pictures from the camera dry run. It was supposed to be an upgrade.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?