• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Import from drive issue

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new G Technologies SSD, as my hard drive which I stored my photos on is extremely old and miraculously has not failed. In the past, I could open up a lightroom catalog, press import and then it would show under sources my computers hard drive and whatever external drives or SD cards I had connected. However, this one does not show up. Nothing. It is my only other 1TB drive, which meant I had to split it up onto 2 500GB drives, so I could reformat it. I formatted it into NTFS or whatever it is called. Nothing. I then realized my old drive was exFAT. So I painfully clicked reformat praying my photos were safe on my other drives. Then came the painstaking import. After I verified everything was on, I excidedly opened lightroom and disappointingly saw it was still missing from it. The strange thing is that I keep the lightroom catalog and all associated files on the drive too, so it definitely knows the drive exists. I searched for hours for answers and found nothing. I am running a PC with Windows 10, using Lightroom CC. 

To sum it up:

In the past, I could open up a lightroom catalog, press import and then it would show under sources my computers hard drive and whatever external drives or SD cards I had connected, but my new drive wont show up. However oddly enough I keep the lightroom catalog and all associated files on the new drive and any catalogs with existing photos (also on the drive) open up and work fine. I just cant import NEW photos. 

1.PNG

New disk wont show up

2.png

Old disk shows up

3.png

 

Both disks compared side to side (Old left, new right)

I hope someone will be able to help me so I can get back to editing my photos! Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

It'a almost certainly because you've given the new drive the letter "A", which was in the distant past typically reserved for floppy disk drives. Lightroom ignores any device with letters A or B, so try changing the drive letter to something later than C (suggest something towards the end of the alphabet to avoid the frequent Windows issue of drive letters being changed, typically when new devices are connected).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'a almost certainly because you've given the new drive the letter "A", which was in the distant past typically reserved for floppy disk drives. Lightroom ignores any device with letters A or B, so try changing the drive letter to something later than C (suggest something towards the end of the alphabet to avoid the frequent Windows issue of drive letters being changed, typically when new devices are connected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!! Very much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines