• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile syncing questions

Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a friend with Lightroom Classic on her Mac and Lightroom Mobile on her iPad. Her photo import to desktop works perfectly. She has a card reader on her iPad and sometimes imports the same photos to Lightroom Mobile so she can edit while away from her desktop. Once the photos are imported to her iPad Lightroom, they shortly after, appear in her Lightroom desktop as copies, causing her much confusion.

If she edits a photo in Lightroom Mobile, will the edits appear on the copies on her desktop Lightroom?

If she edits the original import on Lightroom Desktop, the edits appear only in Lightroom Desktop?

Is there a better way for her to import orginals to Desktop and then decide which ones she wants to edit on Lightroom Mobile? I assume she can use Sync from Desktop to get them onto her iPad, but does that also allow for her edits of those images, on her iPad, to then sync back to her Desktop.

What she is doing currently is not very user friendly so I am trying to find a better way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Hi,

If Sync is turned on in Classic (and in this case it seems to be) then photos imported into the iPad will sync back to the downloads folder designated in Classic's Preferences (once synced down they can be moved to a different folder within Classic). Edits on the iPad will appear in Classic and vice versa.

For photos imported into Classic can be synced to the iPad/Cloud by putting them into a Collection and syncing that Collection.

This will only sync lower res Smart Previews but these a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If Sync is turned on in Classic (and in this case it seems to be) then photos imported into the iPad will sync back to the downloads folder designated in Classic's Preferences (once synced down they can be moved to a different folder within Classic). Edits on the iPad will appear in Classic and vice versa.

For photos imported into Classic can be synced to the iPad/Cloud by putting them into a Collection and syncing that Collection.

This will only sync lower res Smart Previews but these are editable on the iPad, again with edits syncing both ways.

Photos don't need to be imported into both Classic and Mobile.

There are certain caveats around syncing (keywords being one) but it generally should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success...many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working for your friend Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I have a similar problem which I do not understand.

I created a folder on Lightroom Mobile on my iPad and, over the course of a couple of weeks, put into that folder my holiday snaps.  

Got home and cannot find the folder or the photos on the Mac (Lightchroom Classic).  The iPad tells me that sync is complete.  I go to my cloud storage and I can see files from Illustrator but no synced files from Lightroom.

I cannot locate the Lightroom files, where on earth can I start looking.

I was expecting, naively perhaps,  that the folder would appear in Lightroom on the Mac but where????

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could it be that you have sync paused within LrC? You could easily double-check via the top left Cloud-icon. In addition, do you see the photos on LrW?... https://lightroom.adobe.com/ 
- Guido/ Lr QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines