• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR version no longer working

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I   have been a legitimate user of LR for years. Now I installed Creative Cloud and suddenly I seem to have test version that has expired. How can I get my old version back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I did a clean install of W10. I made a note of my LR key but now I can't find the place to enter the key in LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightrtoom-Classic (the new name for the 'old' standalone versions) is now only available by an Annual subscription to the Creative Cloud 'Photography Plan (20GB)' $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

Lr-Classic does not use a "Key".

To "get you old version back" you would need to

-First, cancel any subscription to the Creative Cloud (witrhin 14 days! if you do not want to be billed.)

- Un-install and delete any Creative Cloud Desktop App

- Find your Lightroom version installer on CD or stored on a Hard-drive,

-Install (if possible with your computer OS) and use your Registration Key to activate the software.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I only have the free version of Creative Cloud, uninstalled CC from my PC, deleted LR-Classic and installed LR 5.4 for which I have the .exe file. Now I get this menu asking my series number in order to buy a licence.

I have the number but I already payed for a licence, so what now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forget how to answer this dialog  (so long ago!)

Try-

1) Enter your Land/Region

2) [Next] [volgende]

Other experts may be able to answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get in contact with Adobe? I mean with an actual person.The website is not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a chat (while logged in to your Account ID) at-

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
But I doubt you will get support (which has long been ceased for Lr5).

My next suggestion would be to run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to wipe everything 'Adobe' from your computer and start a fresh install of Lr5, (without the CC Desktop App).

Cleaner Tool Creative Cloud

You would benefit greatly from a subscription to the 'Photography Plan (20GB)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My licence was for LR4, which is now again in working order. The installed version is 4.2 and does not support my canon 6D. I suppose i can find the update somewhere on the internet.

Thanks for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a 6D MkII then- My two suggestions-

1) Use the Adobe DNG Converter App to change your camera files to the raw DNG format. These will Import in all Versions of Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

DNG Converter 

2) Subscribe to the Photography Plan.

You cannot buy (a licence for) 'Perpetual' versions of Lr that will support the 6D MkII.

For the 6D-  you could be lucky with the links given for v4.4 in this forum thread-

3 4 & 5 DL Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I manager to get LR 4.4 working. All is well now. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines