• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing sidecar xmp files in Lightroom Downloader

Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anyone else having difficulty in downloading the sidecar xmp files after edits done using Lightroom, using the Downloader app? I don't know if the problem for me is on the client, account, or desktop side, but the client version is Lightroom ipad.

I have the Mobile Premium subscription. I can download the original DNG, but the edits made in the ios app don't come through. Adobe support insist its a subscription problem for Apple to solve - they think I have only 2GB (although lightroom.adobe says I have 100GB), of which I am using only 15GB.

Also, I see no actual download links on lightroom.adobe photos or albums (only sharing options, which I think produce jpgs?).

I hadn't used the app or download for a while, and initially it wouldn't sync properly, so I updated it today plus cleared out the ~/Library/.../Adobe Lightroom Downloader folders. Still no luck though.

I'd be grateful if anyone thinks this is a normal experience, or even better, how I can get the file mods. I've given up on Adobe support with this, and  I'm pretty close to cancelling the subscription and shifting to apps and storage that I can directly control.

thanks lots!

VB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vb48015090  wrote

Anyone else having difficulty in downloading the sidecar xmp files after edits done using Lightroom, using the Downloader app?

I'm not familiar with the "Downloader App". What is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Downloader App" -> I meant Adobe Lightroom Downloader.

It downloads the cloud photo library to a local folder.

Some info here:

Download synced Lightroom photos and videos from the cloud to a computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are in the wrong forum. This is the Lightroom Classic forum, where such a downloader is not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youre right thanks. Not sure how that happened. I'll repost there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to Lightroom — The cloud-based photo service​

Moved on to mobile forum in view of premium iOS subscription [Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines