• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing happens while trying to create a watermark using keyboard shortcut in Lightroom

Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to create a Watermark by pressing  Command Shift E on my MacBook Air but nothing happens, what am i doing wrong, please advise asap. Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the shortcut to export images does not work.

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Lightroom Classic or Lightroom desktop? 

Please note that in Lightroom Classic, the option to apply watermarks is in the very bottom once you scroll down to the list. 

mmbbb.jpg

Lightroom dekstop got this feature recently. See this video tutorial for more detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpbnN16ZIt8&feature=youtu.be

mmbnb.jpg

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I have Lightroom CC and was told by an Adobe consultant that it was better than all the other versions, i have just purchased the Lightroom CC book for Digital Photographers, To create  your Watermark, press COMMAND-SHIFT-E to bring up the Export dialogue, then scroll down to the Watermarking section. When you do this nothing happens.

Thanks

Birder21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have Lightroom CC and was told by an Adobe consultant that it was better than all the other versions"

I wished Adobe consultants would stop telling people nonsense. There are two versions, Lightroom (the 'CC' was dropped from the name) and Lightroom Classic. One is not better than the other, but meant for a different audience. The reason why it does not work for you is because you use Lightroom, but it seems you try to follow the instructions for Lighroom Classic. Lightroom can only add a text watermark, and you do that in the Export dialog under 'More Options'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines